Dr. Sukhdeep Singh Jhawar
Department + Services
Department of Neuro Surgery
Qualification & Fellowship
- MBBS, Govt. Medical College, Nagpur
- MS (General Surgery), Seth GSMC & KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- M.Ch (Neurosurgery), Seth GSMC & KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- International Fellowship at UPMC, USA
- International Fellowship at Fujita Health University, Japan
Presently Working as a Senior Consultant in the Department of Neuro Surgery at SPS Hospitals, Ludhiana.
- Sr. Registrar - Seth GSMC & KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- Clinical Associate, Department of Neurosurgery, Seth GSMC & KEM Hospital, Mumbai
- Associate Professor - Christian Medical College (CMC), Ludhiana
- Endoscopic Endonasal Surgery of Cranial Base and Pituitary Fossa Course, University of Pittsburgh Medical Center (UPMC) November 2015.
- Asia oceanic Skull Base Conference January 2015, Mumbai India.
- 15th Annual conference of cerebrovascular society of India, NEUROVASCON 2015, Ludhiana, India.
- 8th National conference of Indian stroke association, March 2013, Ludhiana, India.
- 10th Annual conference of skull base surgery society of India and endoscopic skull base surgery cadaveric workshop, October 2008, Mumbai, India.
- Bimonthly meetings of Bombay neurosciences association (BNA)
- Annual meetings of Bombay neurosciences association (BNA) 2006-2010
- Ginde oration, Mumbai, April 2007 -2011
- WFNS education course and hands on Endoscopic Brain course, Goa, May 2008
- 56th Annual Conference of Neurosurgical society of India, Agra, December 2007
- 3rd workshop on neuroendoscopic surgery and cadaveric dissection course, Mumbai, April 2007
- 10th Annual conference of skull base surgery society of India and endoscopic skull base surgery cadaveric workshop, October 2008, Mumbai INDIA
- 11th, Annual conference of skull base surgery society of India and endoscopic skull base surgery cadaveric workshop, October 2009 Hyderabad INDIA
- Fluid-fluid level in pituitary tumors: analysis of management of 106 cases. Goel A, Shah A, Jhawar SS, Goel NK. J Neurosurg. 2009 Dec 4
- Fiber dissection of the visual pathways: analysis of the relationship of optic radiations to lateral ventricle: a cadaveric study. Pujari VB, Jimbo H, Dange N, Shah A, Singh S, Goel A. Neurol India. 2008 Apr-Jun;56(2):133-7
- Brain abscess: An overview. Muzumdar D, Jhawar S, Goel A. Int J Surg. 2011;9(2):136-44
- Massive benign osteoblastoma of the suboccipital bone and foramen magnum region. Muzumdar D, Balasubramaniam S, Jhawar S, Goel A. Pediatr Neurosurg. 2010;46(3):232-7
- Congenital hydrocephalus presenting with simultaneous anterior and posterior fossa brain erniations. Jhawar SS, Nadkarni T. Acta Neurochir (Wien). 2010; 46(3): 232-7
- FLOW 800-assisted surgery for arteriovenous malformation. Jhawar SS, Kato Y, Oda J, Oguri D, Sano H, Hirose Y. J Clin Neurosci. 2011 Sep 13
- Intracanalicular epidermoid cyst. A case report. Jhawar SS, Nadkarni T, Goel A. Br J Neurosurg. 2010 Dec;24(6):708-10
- Meckel's Cave Neurenteric Cyst. Case Report. Jhawar SS, Nadkarni T, Goel A. Cen Eur Neurosurg. 2011 Aug 9
- Intraparenchymal temporal neurenteric cyst. Jhawar SS, Nadkarni T, Goel A. J Clin Neurosci. 2011 Mar;18(3):415-7
- Giant cerebral cavernous malformations. Report of two cases and review of literature (in press Turkish Neurosurgery)
- Malignant peripheral nerve sheath tumour (MPNST) of scalp. A rare case (in press Turkish Neurosurgery). [Corresponding Author]
- Preliminary evaluation of role of surgical microscope integrated intraoperative FLOW
- 800 coloured indocyanine fluorescence angiography in arteriovenous malformation surgery
- (in press Neurology India)
- Submitted for publicationsSpinal neurenteric cyst with fluid-fluid level
- Limbic lobe circuitry. A cadaveric study
- Pan ventricular neurocytoma. A case report
- Cavernous sinus epidermoid: Case series and review of literature
- Cavernous sinus epidermoid mimicking giant thrombosed internal carotid artery aneurysm
- Multiple spinal meningiomas. Case report
- Occult tethered cord syndrome. Review article
- Mirror recurrence of cystic meningioma. Case report
- Spinal teratoma presenting as accessory penis. Rare case report
Skull Base Neurosurgery Endoscopic and Microscopic, Minimally Invasive Neurosurgery, endoscopic Approaches to skull Base, Neuro-Oncosurgery, Pediatric brain tumors, Epilepsy surgery, Micro-neuroanatomy, CV junction,Cadaveric Brain Dissection
- Life Member of Skull Base Surgery Society of India (SBSSI).
- Life Member Neurological Society of India (NSI).
- Active International Membership of congress of Neurological Surgeons (CNS).
- International Membership of American AssociationOf Neurological Sugeons (AANS).
- Life Member of Indian Society of Neuro-Oncology (ISNO).