Liver Transplant Cost in India
|Liver Transplant Package for||Pacakage Cost|
|International Patients||40,000 US Dollars|
- Prices quoted are for rough planning purposes only to assist the patient in understanding the possible range of costs. Actual estimates for the care cannot be accurately provided until the patient has been thoroughly examined by the concerned physician at treating institution. The cost ranges provided are based upon our best understanding of the patient’s condition at the time of contact and does not represent a minimum or maximum potential cost.
- All prices listed are in USD and are inclusive of all taxes.
- Packages are based on standard non-complicated procedures offered during the period of stay.
- Packages do not apply for extension of stay, room upgrade, and complication leading to addition of drugs and consumables, histology, overseas call, stay/meals for attendant beyond the package tenure. Room upgrades will be charged the difference between the existing Room and the upgrades.
- The package fees apply to and are subject to room availability.
- Packages are subject to change without prior notice.
- Patients shall abide by all the terms and conditions of the hospital and applicable Indian laws.
- For Detailed Inclusions and Exclusions, refer to the Inclusion and Exclusion mentioned for each specialty.
- VAT is applicable on all Drugs, Consumables and F & B as per tariff fixed by Government of India Ruling.
- The Donor & the Recipient would require staying in India1 to 2 weeks for an interview with an authorization committee that would give the final approval for the transplant.
- The Donor & the Recipient must carry relevant affidavits , No Objection Certificate or a Consent letter from their Embassy; stating that the Donor is providing the organ voluntarily & that there is no exchange or compensation for the transaction. The check list is also provided. You will get step by step guidance on this by our patient care executives.
- Post Discharge the Donor & the Recipient will have to stay for another 6 weeks post transplant for necessary follow ups.
Things which are included and excluded in the current package Inclusions
- Pre operative Workup for donor & recipient- Includes two days deluxe room admission.
- Investigations pertaining to Biochemistry, Serology, Cardiology, Imaging, Pulmonology (done only once from investigations list provided at the time of workup).
- Consultations (only) with Psychiatry, Physician, Opthalmologist, Transplant Surgeon, Cardiologist, Pulmonologist, Nutritionist, Nephrologist, Urologist/Gynaecologist, ENT, Anaesthetist and Dentist.
- 21 days at hospital including a maximum stay of 14 days in ICU for the recipient.
- Donor Hepatectomy & 7 days hospitalization.
- All regular medicines used for liver transplant patients, inclusive of Tacrolimus.
- Professional charges.
- Operation Theatre charges.
Transfusion Medicine Package
- Blood and blood products, during and after transplantation.(All blood products are screened for HIV, HbsAg, HCV,VDRL, MP,CMV IgG, EBV VCA IgM, BV EBNA IgM,HTLV-1, Anti HBC, Anti Hbs Ab).
- Platelet donors and blood donors will have to be mobilized by the patient’s family as per the specifications received from the Blood Bank In-charge.
- Donor Hepatectomy
Standard Package inclusions
The Standard package includes the following in addition to the above:
- Single AC room with attached washroom, TV, Telephone, with facility for one attendant to stay.
- Free Airport pick up and drop.
- In-house travel related services.
- Two OPD Consultations free within six months of surgery prior appointment.
- General Interpreter service at Reception/ enquiry.
- Travel Desk assistance
- Travel related services, if required.
Add on Services-
The following services will be provided at a nominal extra cost (on specific query and subject to confirmation from respective hospital)
- Interpreter services- full time, at an approximate add on cost of USD 100 per day of stay.
- Room Upgrades are charged at the difference of room rates.
- If the donor is found to be Hep B antigen Core Reactive for which Immunoglobulin’s would be required, then the cost of the immunoglobulin’s are charged extra.
- Albumin, Anti Viral Therapy is NOT included.
- Charges for inpatient stay in excess of the stipulated nights
- Additional charges for these days including room and other charges such as pharmacy will be added to the package price.
- Charges for complex cases requiring emergency surgery or other conditions requiring equipment and hospital stays in excess to those specified.
- Visit by any Specialists other than mentioned in the package.
- Attendee’s food.
- Out Patient and Expenses incurred before admission, other than included in the package
- Items of personal nature such as in room soft drinks, telephone charges and guest meals will be charged at the normal rates in effect.
- Take home medications
- Costs of Investigations additionally required, but not included in the package
- Treatment of any unrelated illness. Any other additional procedure done will be charged.
- The Package excludes the Transplant medicines mentioned above in the special medicines list.
The Donor & the Recipient would require staying in India for 2-3 weeks for an interview with an authorization committee that would give the final approval for the transplant.
The Donor & the Recipient must carry the affidavits, No Objection Certificate or a Consent letter from their Embassy (Based in India) stating that the Donor is providing the organ voluntarily & that there is no exchange or compensation for the transaction,
*The above cost of pre & post transplant logistics will be borne by the patient/attendant.
- Pre Hospitalization Stay: The Donor & the Recipient would require staying in India 2-3 weeks. Stay will be organized in a Guest House with in the Hospital premises, the cost of the same will be borne by the patient/ attendant
- Post Hospitalization Stay: Post Discharge the Donor & the Recipient will have to stay for another 6 weeks for necessary follow ups. Stay will be organized in the Guest House with in the Hospital premises. Cost shall be borne by the patient/attendant.
- The amount payable under the above said packages/scheme is confirmed only to the treatment and other facilities etc.and if any extra treatment is required, in the event of any infection, repeated culture and sensitivities, repeated blood and urine investigations, special medications like Zygris, Interferon, Liposomal Amphotericin-B, Zenapax, Novaseven, Re-exploration surgery, Immunoglobulins and requirement of MARS, CRRT, Dialysis, CT scan, MRCP, MRI, Nuclear Medicine and any special interventions, which is not a part of a routine liver Transplant, used after discussion with the patient and his/her family will be extra as per actuals and they shall be responsible for all extra and additional charges, expenditure and costs if any incurred by the Hospital.
- The patient his/her family shall promptly bear all the said extra and additional expenditure costs, charges etc., in the event of continuation of treatment to the patient.
- Prices are valid for limited period of one month and are subjected to change based on currency fluctuations and other external cost factors.
- The package does not include treatment of any unrelated illness or procedures other than the one for which this estimate has been prepared. Also expenses for any additional hospital stay beyond the stipulated days as per the estimate shall be payable extra.
- The cost range is based upon our best understanding of the patients condition at the time of contact and more informed estimates can be provided once the patient is thoroughly examined by the concerned physician at the treating institution.