Dr. Gopika Puri, is a nationally recognized registered dietitian nutritionist, healthy cooking expert, and captivating communicator inspiring millions of people to eat and live well. In addition to her nutrition expertise, She enjoys using her culinary skills to develop recipes and teach patients how to make healthy changes in their lives starting in the kitchen. She graduated from Government College of Women, Jammu with a Bachelor of Science in Home Science and completed her dietetic training at PGI, Chandigarh. Dr. Gopika Puri received a Masters of Science in nutrition & Dietetics from Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar and Ph.D. in Food & Nutrition from Punjab Agriculture University (PAU), Ludhiana.
Her personal motto is “Good nutrition and a healthy lifestyle do not happen by chance. It happens because you planned to make it happen.”
She hopes of helping empower people to make healthy eating a natural and fun part of their lifestyles. What she love most about what she do is being able spread messages that inspire people to feel as good as they can through food, and how to achieve that in a sustainable way.
- 7 Years of experience – SPS Hospitals, Ludhiana
Area of Expertise
- Gastro Intestinal Diseases
- Metabolic Diseases
- Weight loss
Conferences & Course Attended
- Attended Conference on Reconnecting Nutrition in 2022 held at AIIMS New Delhi, 19th March to 20th March 2022.
- Attended CNE on Metabolic Syndrome-A Nutritional Perspective held at Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, 7th December 2019,Ludhiana .
- Attended Diabetes Symposium For Clinical Dietitians in association with RSSDI and IDA (Punjab Chapter). Theme: Diabetic Diet – From Classroom to Clinic held on 26th May,2019,Hotel Nirvana Ludhiana.
- Attended CNE on Latest Advances in Renal Nutrition held at Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, 15th December 2018,Ludhiana .
- Attended Bariatric Nutrition Certificate Program & CME at IDACON ,30th September,2018 Indore.
- Attended CNE on Medical Nutrition Therapy Of Chronic Kidney Disease With Diabetes held at Christian Medical College and Hospital,21st September 2018, Ludhiana.
- Attended 9th Apollo International Clinical Nutrition Update 3rd -4th June,2017 at Mumbai.
- Attended a CNE on Sustaining Breast Feeding Together (Breast Feeding week. Aug 1st -7th,2017) at Govt. Home Science College, Sec10 Chandigarh.
- Attended a CNE on Depression- Let’s Talk Nutrition on 8th April 2017at MCM DAV College Sector 36,Chandigarh.
- Attended a 2nd CNE on Liver/GI Disorders- Nutrition Interventions on 24th Dec at Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana.
- Participated in 2nd CLBS Liver Symposium ‘’ Advances in Adult & Pediatric Liver Transplant’’. On 16th – 17th Sep,2016 at EROS, New Delhi.
- Attended a CME on Human Milk- A Dynamic Source Of Nutrition For Infants on 7th Aug,2016 at Paras Bliss Hospital, Panchkula.
- Attended a CNE On Diabetes and Nutritional Management on 19th Dec 15 at Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana.
- Attended 5th National IBD Meet 12th – 13th 15 in The Lalit Hotel Chandigarh.
- Participated in 19thWorld Congress On Clinical Nutrition organized by Institute of Medical Sciences Banaras Hindu University from 13th -15th March15 in Varanasi.
- Participated in 47th Annual National Conference Indian Dietetic Association 21st-31st Dec 14 in New Delhi.
- Participated in 46th Annual National Conference Of Nutrition Society Of India 6th -8th Nov 14 in Ludhiana.
- Attended a workshop on Advanced Pediatric Nutrition organized by Indian Institute of Public Health from 7th-9th May10 in New Delhi.
- Participated in Nutrition Exhibition On diabetes 13th Nov 10 organized by Govt. Medical College & Hospital, Chandigarh.
- IDA (Indian Dietetics Association)
- NSI (Nutrition Society Of India)
- IAPEN (The Indian Association For Parenteral & Enteral Nutrition)
- Certificate course in Metabolic Balance
- Certificate course in Nutrigenomics
- 2 year Certificate and Diploma courses in Clinical Dietetics
- LLL Course Certificate on Nutritional Support In Cancer
- LLL Course Certificate on Nutritional Support In Renal Diseases
- 45 days training from GMCH-32 Chandigarh.
- 3 months internship from PGI Chandigarh