- Registrar Medicine – DMC Ludhiana
- Resident-trainee medicine – PGI Chandigarh.
- Short-term trainee Dialysis – PGI Chandigarh.
- Senior lecturer medicine (nephrology unit) – DMC Ludhiana.
- DM trainee, Department of nephrology – PGI Chandigarh.
- Lecturer in nephrology – Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana
- Reader in nephrology – Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana.
- Professor of nephrology – Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana.
- Professor and head, Department of nephrology – Dayanand Medical College & Hospital, Ludhiana
- Director Nephrology – AYKAI Hospital, Ludhiana.
- Deputy Director Nephrology – SPS Hospital
Area of Expertise
- Honor Degree & HSM
- Best Teacher Award – Student feedback in 1997, 2001 & 2002 at DMC Ludhiana
- Award of Fellowship Indian Society of Nephrology 2007
- Award of Dronacharya Nephrology, 2019
- Member International Society of nephrology- since 1997
- Member American Society of Nephrology- A0268260
- Life member Indian Society of Nephrology –1985, L-192
- Life member Indian Society of Haemodialysis
- Life member Indian Society of Organ Transplantation- LM-503
- Life member North Chapter of Indian Society of Nephrology
- Life member Punjab Nephrology Society
- Life member Association of Physicians of India- L-10531
- Life member Indian Medical Association
- Fellow Indian Academy of Clinical Medicine-F-217
- Acute renal failure in intensive cares units – A one-year prospective study.
- Acute poisoning – Five year retrospective and one year prospective study.
- Study of acute renal failure – Changing trends over the years – A ten-year retrospective and one year prospective study.
- Study of haemodynamic alterations before and after AV fistula in chronic renal failure.
- Clinical efficacy of low dose of erythropoeitin in chronic renal failure.
- Study of Superoxide dismutase, Melondialdehyde, Copper and zinc in diabetes mellitus with and without complications.
- Study of reactive oxygen species in cirrhosis with and without acute renal failure.
- Lipid profile before and after renal transplantation.
- Study of Homocysteine, insulin and body mass index in type2 diabetes mellitus with and without complications.
- Study of retina before and after renal transplantation in diabetes mellitus.
- Evaluation of renal arteries and renal function in-patients undergoing coronary angiography.
- Oral GTT and insulin levels in patients of CRF and effect of hemodialysis.
- Study of beta2 micro globulin in chronic renal failure and effect of dialysis.
- Effect of alpha-adrenergic agonists (Salbutamol and Terbutaline) on serum potassium in chronic renal failure.
- Cochlear function in-patients of chronic renal failure on conservative therapy and renal transplantation program.
- Clinical profile of hepatorenal syndrome.
- Homocysteine and oxidative stress in diabetic nephropathy and the effect of folic acid.
- Study of actinology, clinical presentation and treatment of admitted patients of hypercalcemia.
- Evaluation of renal dysfunction in haematological malignancies.
- Doppler evaluation of acute renal allograft dysfunction.
- Study of hypokalemia paralysis.
- Study of acute renal failure due to tropical infections.
- Study of Cystatin S in acute renal failure.
- Prospective study of renal biopsies- clinicopathological correlation.
- Vitamin D deficiency and insufficiency in chronic kidney disease. A cross sectional observational study.
- Study of peripheral artery disease before and after renal transplantation.
- A prospective study of clinic-pathological profile in lupus nephritis.
- Clinical profile of mineral bone disease in stage 3-5 CKD- A prospective study.
- Prospective study on the predictors of short term outcomes of renal allograft recipients
- Prospective study on prediction of the outcomes of RPGN.
- Study on the cardiac structural and functional changes before and after renal transplantation.
- Many (59) National and (12) International Conferences attended as well (11) organized.
Papers Presented/ Read/ Session Chaired in Conferences
- Many (36) National and (17) International Conferences attended.
- Many (57) National and (24) International Conferences attended.