Dr. Navjot Kaur is currently serving as Consultant at SPS Hospitals, Ludhiana. During her academic training she has been actively involved in patient management and decision making. She had sufficient exposure for emergencies like acute kidney injury with severe hyperkalemia, refractory fluid overload state or severe metabolic acidosis, requiring urgent dialysis catheter placement and hemodialysis, peritoneal dialysis in ICUs (APD and CAPD). She has managed various acid-base and electrolyte disorders. She has been actively involved in diagnosing and treating acute or chronic glomerular diseases in both pediatric and adult age groups. She has performed innumerable temporary dialysis catheter placements (jugular, femoral and subclavian vein and has performed ultrasound-guided renal biopsies extensively during my training period. She is well trained to create AV Fistulas (radiocephalic and brachiocephalic). She has experience of independent and supervised OPD and has been part of a team for management in chronic patients on maintenance hemodialysis through AV fistulas and catheters, and peritoneal dialysis (Continuous Ambulatory PD and Automated PD). She had the exposure to patients on chronic peritoneal dialysis and those requiring acute peritoneal dialysis in an ICU setting. She is experienced in treating paediatric cases requiring nephrology consultation and has been involved in pre- transplant work-up, immediate post-operative management of renal transplant patients and their term care and counselling.
- Senior Resident Medicine- DMCH Ludhiana
- Senior Resident Department of Nephrology- DR RML Hospital, New Delhi
- Assistant Professor, Department of Nephrology- ABVIMS DR RML Hospital, New Delhi
- Associate Consultant- Primus Superspeciality Hospital, New Delhi
Conferences & Course Attended
- Second prize in national level quiz held at North Zone Indian Society of Nephrology 2019 Conference held at Shimla
- Attended CAST at Noida on 1 October, 2019.
- Attended AVTAR at New Delhi 18 Sept, 2020
- Minioral paper presentation at ERA EDTA Conference 2021 at BERLIN entitled “Longitudinal study to find the association of serum phosphorus level with FGF 23 in three different hyperphosphatemia managements groups of stage 3 and 4 chronic kidney disease (CKD) patients”.
- Participated in the live activity organized by The Harvard Medical School, Boston, Massachusetts titled “Glomerular Disease Case Conference” from July 1, 2019 – June 30, 2020 and awarded 16.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits
- Oral Paper presentation at ISNCON 2021entitled “Longitudinal assessment of health-related quality of life in three different hyperphosphatemia management groups of stage 3 and 4 CKD patients.”
- Attended ISN North zone at Varanasi on 26 March, 2022.
- Poster presentation at ISN North zone at Varanasi, March 2022.
- Gold medalist in DM Nephrology