Dr Samta Goyal is a Critical Care Specialist with vast clinical experience. After post-graduation, she completed her MBBS from Govt. Medical College, Patiala and DA from Dayanand Medical College, Ludhiana. Dr Samta Goyal worked as Senior Resident, attending consultant, and associate consultant at SPS Hospitals, Ludhiana. She did Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine (IDCCM), Indian Fellowship in Critical Care Medicine (IFCCM). She also worked as Associate Consultant, in critical care at Fortis hospital Ludhiana and rejoined SPS hospitals as a Consultant Critical Care. She is IDCCM and IDCCN teacher and is an executive council member of LSCCM.
- Senior Consultant – SPS Hospital, Ludhiana
- Consultant – SPS Hospital, Ludhiana
- Associate Consultant – Fortis Hospital, Ludhiana
- Attending Consultant and Emergency Coordinator – SPS Hospital, Ludhiana
- Attending Consultant – SPS Hospital, Ludhiana
- Senior Resident – SPS Hospital, Ludhiana
Area of Expertise
- Management of medical and surgical critically ill patients
- Mechanical ventilation
- Hemodynamic monitoring
- Renal support in critically ill patients
- Life Fellow of ISCCM
- Life Fellow of ISA
- Life Fellow of IMA
- Executive Member of LSCCM
- Goyal SK, Dhaliwal S, Goyal S. Simultaneous onset of mania precipitated by stress in twins. German J Psychiatry 2006; 9:139-40.
- Mittal S, Goyal S K, Samta , Mittal MS. Psychological aspects of serial killings. JPAFMAT 2007; 7(2): 58-60.
- Goyal S K , Singh P , Gargi P.D. , Singh T, samta .A study of convicted prisoners : crime and its correlates : international journal of medical toxicology & legal medicine.2008; 10(2) : 43-44
- Gupta A, Pawar HS ,Mehta R , Goyal S : Toka machine injury : Replantation left arm in a 5 year old.Apollo Medicine. 2015; 12: 50-53.
- Goyal S, Shrivastva A, Singh G, Goyal SK, Kamra D, Kaur S, et al. Incidence, prevalence, risk factors and outcome of delirium in the intensive care unit of a tertiary care hospital. J Mental Health Hum Behav 2020;25:113-7.
- Grover S, Goyal SK, Mehra A, Sahoo S, Goyal S. A Survey of Parents of Children Attending the Online Classes During the Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic. Indian J Pediatr. 2021;88(3):280. doi:10.1007/s12098-020-03523-5.
- Grover S, Goyal SK, Sahoo S, Goyal S, Mehra A. Views of medical students about online classes started during the COVID‑19 pandemic: An online exploratory survey from India. J Mental Health Hum Behav 2021;26:62-7.
- Grover S, Goyal SK, Mehra A, Sahoo S, Goyal S. Parents views about online classes during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic: A web-based cross-sectional survey. J. Indian Assoc. Child Adolesc. Ment. Health 2021;17(3):127-142