Dr. Saumya Pallavi Lal is a Clinical Microbiologist by profession, currently working in Microbiology and Molecular Diagnostics section of Laboratory services and Infection control team of SPS Hospital, Ludhiana (Punjab).
She is MBBS graduate from Manipal University and have completed her post graduation from the prestigious Christian Medical College in MD Microbiology. Post specialization, she has worked in Deepak Hospital and Global Hospital, Ludhiana as Consultant Microbiologist and Infection control specialist.
She has also completed Certificate course in Infectious Diseases from Fortis Memorial Research Institute, Gurugram.
Her field of expertise are Diagnostic Microbiology, Infectious Diseases, Molecular Diagnostics and Hospital infection control.
- Infection Control Officer – Global Heart & Super Speciality Hospital, Ludhiana
- Consultant Microbiologist – Bansal Laboratory, Ludhiana
- Consultant Microbiologist and Infection Control Officer – Deepak Hospital, Ludhiana
- Medical Officer – C.M.C. Hospital, Ludhiana
- Resident (Microbiology) – C.M.C. Hospital, Ludhiana
Area of Expertise
- Infectious diseases
- Hospital infection control
- Molecular diagnostics
Conferences & Course Attended
- HISICON 2021
- MICROCON 2016 Chandigarh. 40th Annual Conference of Indian Association of Medical Microbiologists. 23rd – 27th November, 2016
- The 3rd Transplant Infectious Diseases Conference-2016
- NORTH-WEST CHAPTER IAMM “Revisiting Infections Prevalent In North-West Region”, 3rd September, 2016, Dept. of Microbiology, Government Medical College Hospital, Chandigarh.
- IACMCON 23rd Annual Conference of Indian Association of Clinical Medicine, 9th – 11th October 2015, Ludhiana
- 32nd ANNUAL DR. L.H. LOBO MEMORIAL ORATION AND CME ON Surgical Management of CV Junction and Cervical Spine Diseases 25th October, 2014 at CMC, Ludhiana
Applications of AST in clinical microbiology reporting in XVII Annual Conference of Hospital Infection Society-India
Quantitative detection of HCV in hepatitis C patients and the distribution pattern of its genotypes by real time polymerase
chain reaction (RT-PCR) in a tertiary care hospital.
Detection and distribution pattern of prevalent genotypes of hepatitis C virus in a tertiary care hospital in north India.
She was awarded Travel Grant for MICROCON 2017 in PGIMER, Chandigarh.
Certificate of Completion
Quality Management Systems and Internal Audit in Medical Labs as per ISO 15189-2012