Dr. Vikas Kumar is the senior consultant and Head of the department of Urology and Renal Transplantation at SPS Hospital, Ludhiana. He completed his MBBS from Darbhanga, MS (General Surgery) from GMC Amritsar and M.Ch. (Urology & Renal Transplantation) from Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences (SGPGI), Lucknow. He started Kidney Transplantation program at SPS Hospital in 2012 and has successfully done more than 150 Transplants till now.
- Senior Resident (MCh) – Department of Urology and Transplantation, Sanjay Gandhi Postgraduate Institute of Medical Sciences, Lucknow.
- Assistant Professor – MM Medical College, Mullana, Ambala.
- Formerly at Fortis Hospital, Mohali.
Area of Expertise
- Laparoscopic and Open urology
- Renal Transplantation
- Male Infertility and Sexual problems
Conferences Attended and Papers Presented
- Laparoscopic Stentless Pyeloplasty: An Early Experience: Presented at NZ-USICON.
- KTP Laser Photo selective Vaporization of the prostate (PVP); SGPGI experience; Presented at NZ-USICON.
- Female Genitoplasty in 46XY disorder of sex differentiation; presented at NZ-USICON.
- Single Stage Feminizing genitoplasty For Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia; Long-term Cosmetic, Functional, Psychosocial and psychosexual outcome; presented at NZ-USICON.
He regularly attends Urological zonal and national conferences (NZUSI and USI) and has many publications in various national and international journals. To quench his thirst for knowledge, he also attended conference on Male Sexual health held at Brazil.
- NZ-USI (Lifetime)
- USI (Lifetime)