Welcome to SPS Hospitals
Guided by Sri Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji’s vision of making international quality healthcare accessible to the people of Punjab, The hospital was set up to become one of the World’s most respected Healthcare Institutes. SPS Hospitals is an amalgam of medical excellence, state- of-the-art infrastructure and technology and the finest medical professionals from across the world.
The relentless pursuit of excellence is reflected in SPS Hospitals’ adherence to the international protocols and standards in patient care and clinical services.
SPS Hospitals has the rare achievement of being the first hospital in South East Asia to be accredited by the prestigious Joint Commission International, USA, within two years of operations. The hospital is 4 times JCI accredited: – 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 (One time accredited followed by 3 times re-accreditation). Blood Bank of SPS Hospitals was accredited by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) in 2013 and reaccredited in 2016. In 2018, SPS Hospitals was accredited by NABH. The Department of Laboratory services has been accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL).
- Commenced operations in March 2005
- Formally inaugurated in September 2005
- Became first hospital in South East Asia to be accredited by Joint Commission International, USA in January 2007
- Successfully re-accredited in February 2010 and 2013
- To bring excellence in healthcare within the reach of every individual. We are committed to the health and wellbeing of humanity
- One of the largest corporate hospitals and the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in the region
- 3,50,000 square feet area across 9 levels
- 280 beds including 100 intensive care beds
- 7 operation theatres including a dedicated emergency and trauma OT
- Advanced Cath Lab with Stent Boost Technology
- 1.5 Tesla MRI, 128 Slice CT, 3D & 4D Ultrasound and Bone Densitometry
- Automated laboratories
In Patient Services
- 280 Inpatient beds
- Approximately 100 critical (intensive) care beds
- Cardiac Care Units
- High Dependency Units
- Medical Intensive Care Units
- Neonatal Intensive Care Units
- Neuro and Stroke Intensive Care Unit
- Paediatric Intensive Care Unit
- General Ward Beds
- Semi Private Rooms
- Private Rooms
- Deluxe Rooms
All rooms are centrally air conditioned and are equipped with the most modern and state of the art amenities.
Out Patient Services
- Well-equipped consultation chambers
- Separate day care areas
- Dedicated help desks
Out Patient Clinics:
- Child Health Centre
- Cancer and Chemotherapy Centre
- ENT Centre
- Gastroenterology and Liver Diseases Centre
- Gynaecology Centre
- Heart Centre
- Medicine Centre
- Nephrology and Dialysis Centre
- Neurosciences Centre
- Orthopaedics & Joint Replacement Centre
- Plastic & Cosmetic Surgery Centre
- Preventive Health Check Up Wing
- Respiratory Medicine Centre
- Skin and Cosmetic Clinic
- Surgery Centre
- Urology and Transplant Centre
- Vascular Surgery
24 Hour Services
- Emergency and Trauma Services
- Radiology & Diagnostic Services
- Laboratory Services
- Blood Bank
- Emergency Operating Rooms
- Ambulance & Patient Transport Services
- 76 Consultant Doctors including internationally trained and board certified doctors
- 166 Medical Professionals
- 382 Nursing Professionals including specialized nurses
- 106 Paramedical Professionals
- Empanelled with leading insurance companies and TPAs
- Dedicated help desks and service coordinators
International Patient Services
- Seamless and specialized services for international patients
- High quality and cost effective healthcare delivery
- Joint Commission International, USA accredited healthcare facility
- Blood Bank accredited by the National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers
At SPS Hospitals we are consciously aware of our obligation to society and doing our bit for the community we serve. We have always believed in investing in various cause related and CSR initiatives that are integral with the goals and objectives of our organization. Every member of the SPS Hospitals family is committed to providing the best care and solace to the people in our community. Listed below are some of the community service initiatives that SPS Hospitals has organized.
Medical Camps And Outreach Opds
Our medical faculty participates in various medical camps across different urban and rural parts of the state. These camps allow people from all strata of society get access to world class medical advice from our eminent medical professionals. We also organize many outreach OPDs in rural areas and offer free medical consultation, diagnostic tests and investigations.
Health Awareness Programs
We regularly conduct many talks and interactive forums on a variety of topics. Through these platforms our doctors and allied medical professionals interact with people and address their health related concerns.
Healthy Kids Campaign
This program has been initiated by the Department of Paediatrics and it aims to sensitize parents and school teachers about the right way to approach common paediatric emergencies and behavioural problems in children. This program also emphasises on discouraging the rampant use of antibiotics on children and focuses on nutritional deficiencies like anaemia.
Save A Hand Save A Family
This campaign has been initiated across different industrial units of the region. It addresses the issue of hand injuries and discusses various aspects of hand injuries sustained by the workers and the methods of preventing them. During the awareness sessions of this campaign, main importance is laid to the fact that early and definitive treatment of hand wounds lead to a better and a complete functional recovery.
Life For A Life
This initiative was launched in collaboration with a group. For every girl child born in the hospital a tree was planted in the city. This joint effort addressed the dual problems of female foeticide as well as the depleting green cover.
SPS Hospitals regularly conducts trainings on a variety of topics. These topics range from a host of medical and non-medical issues like fire safety, disaster preparedness, mock drills and evacuations.
Free Screening Camps
Regular screening camps are conducted across the region for common diseases like Hepatitis. These programs are usually conducted free of cost and are followed up with awareness sessions of the public with our medical teams.
This is a first of its kind multidisciplinary support group that brings together stroke specialists (neurologists), rehabilitation experts, dieticians, stroke survivors and patients on a common platform. These monthly meetings lay emphasis on early detection of warning signs for stroke and immediately rushing to a hospital in case of the appearance of any stroke symptom.
Basic Life Support Training
SPS Hospitals regularly collaborates with various associations, organizations and institutions to train people for Basic Life Support. Such programs have been conducted in various schools, colleges, factories, trade unions, movie theatres etc.SPS Hospitals has also conducted these programs for highway patrol teams and traffic police personnel.
- SPS Hospitals spread across an area of 5 acres stands out at Ludhiana, Punjab
- There are 350 commissioned beds and 127 critical beds at present in the Hospital.
- SPS Hospitals is one of the most comprehensive healthcare facilities in the region offering a wide spectrum of clinical services
- SPS Hospitals has an eminent panel of medical professionals many of whom are leaders in their respective fields
- Tender Loving Care is our way of life at SPS Hospitals
- 128 Slice CT Scan
- Advanced Cath-Lab with Stent Boost Technology
- Digital Mammography
- 4D and 3D Ultrasound
- Bone Densitometry
- Fully automated Bio-Chemistry Analyser
- State of the art Telemedicine set up
- Tele-Radiology System
- Pneumatic Shoot System
- Wi-Fi Access Points
SPS Hospitals inaugurated by the Honourable Prime Minister of India Dr. Manmohan Singh in the august presence of His Holiness Sri Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji.
The region’s first state of the art telemedicine unit was commissioned at SPS Hospitals, Ludhiana. The centre was inaugurated by the Honourable Chief Minister of Punjab, Capt. Amaninder Singh. SPS Hospitals performs many first of its kinds and rare surgeries like, Simultaneous Hip Replacement Surgery, Awake Craniotomy, Off Pump Cardiac Surgery and Heart Surgery to cure Tetralogy of Fallot on a 7 year old child.
SPS Hospitals get accredited by Joint Commission International, USA and becomes the first hospital in South East Asia to be accredited by Joint Commission International within 2 years of operations. SPS Hospitals becomes the first hospital in the region to introduce Bariatric (Weight Loss) Surgery and offer a multidisciplinary support group for obese patients. SPS Hospitals performs simultaneous Cardiac and Hip Replacement Surgeries on a 75 year old man, a case which was never reported in medical literature anywhere in the world.
SPS Hospitals becomes one of the first hospitals in region to offer Mini Incision Hip Replacement Surgery. The Department of Neonatology at SPS Hospitals successfully treats Indias youngest premature baby (at 24 weeks gestation).
SPS Hospitals successfully performs over 100 Bariatric Surgeries with exceptional and world class clinical outcomes.
SPS Hospitals gets re-accredited by the Joint Commission International, USA. SPS Hospitals becomes the first hospital in the region to launch the Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery Program, a breakthrough procedure for performing cardiac surgeries.
SPS Hospitals is rated as the Best Commercial Building in Punjab by the Punjab Energy Development Agency. SPS Hospitals launches”Stroke Club”, the first of its kind Support Group bringing together stroke specialists, rehabilitation experts, stroke survivors and patients. The Department of Vascular Surgery at SPS Hospitals conducts a rare surgery to save a man”s life through a technique not attempted by many hospitals across the world.
SPS Hospitals becomes a part of Transplant Institutes, the world’s largest and most trusted program in solid organ transplantation. SPS Hospitals is the only hospital in the region and amongst the very few in the country to launch the Division of Interventional Neuroradiology.
SPS Hospitals gets accredited by the Joint Commission International, USA. The Blood Bank of SPS Hospitals gets accredited by the National Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers (NABH) and is the first blood bank in the region to receive this prestigious accreditation. SPS Hospitals becomes one of the few hospitals in India to launch Paediatric Cardiology Services.
State of the art Dialysis Centre launched at Model Town Ludhiana. The Swaach Haath Swasth Bharat Campaign launched by SPS Hospitals in order to create awareness regarding hand hygiene. SPS wins the FICCI Healthcare Excellence Award for Patient Safety for its Tracheostomy Care Nurse Program.
“To transform the Healthcare experience of the Community we serve through a culture of quality,safety and compassionate patient -centered care.”
“To deliver timely and compassionate Healthcare Services to our Community to the highest possible standards”
Managing Director’s Message
Satguru Partap Singh (SPS) Hospitals (A unit of SJS Healthcare) are all about friendly faces and caring hearts with a genuine desire for providing excellent patient care.
The greatest opportunity one can receive is being given the honor of service to your community. I am proud to have been given the chance by HH Satguru Uday Singh Ji (Spiritual Head Namdhari Sikhs) for the role of leading SPS Hospitals, a health care institution with a long and proud heritage and a future directed towards growth. SPS Hospital was founded in 2005 by His Holiness Satguru Jagjit Singh Ji with a vision to serve the needs of the community, and I look forward to continuing that tradition. It is our team goal at SPS to enhance the trust and confidence of the patients we serve.
The healthcare environment today is constantly changing. I am committed to working with our SPS team to manage that change in a positive fashion whether it is advances in technology or the sweeping change of Global Health Care reform. In accomplishing this we will live up to our motto of ‘Leading you to a Healthy Future
SPS Hospitals continue to raise the bar at this transformative time in health care. Over the past couple of years, our Integrated Strategic Plan has produced measurable dividends: it has amplified our strengths in research, education, and patient care delivery—the things that make us uniquely SPS; it has accelerated our quest to be a digitally driven institution; and it has sharpened our focus on the value we deliver. By placing these three pursuits at the core of our medical center’s mission, we are positioned to realize our global vision for Precision Health.
Our vision is to build and maintain the trust & confidence of the lives we touch to provide medical care. Providing treatment to patients at affordable cost, yet keeping the project financially viable and on expansion path. Improving quality standards and creating new benchmarks in industry by using modern innovations in technology to mitigate scope of erros and provide easy access to information required for better medical care at every step.
I feel distinctly privileged and honored to be the leader of the SPS Hospital team. Our team’s focus is simple: Patient care comes first and quality is always assured.
We hope you will find your experience at SPS Hospitals as pleasant and comfortable as possible. Thank you for visiting and selecting SPS Hospitals as your primary health care provider.
– Jai Singh Sandhu, Managing Director
Our Management Team
Dr. Kanwajit Singh
Chief Operating Officer
Dr. Rajiv Kundra
Awards And Accolades
Over the years SPS Hospitals has received some awards and accolades in recognition of some of the work done by the hospital and the achievements of its eminent medical professionals.
- First Prize by Punjab Energy Development Agency: rated as the best commercial building in Punjab in 2011.
- Excellence in Community Services: received the Innovation and Quality Award in the category of Excellence in Community Services for the Healthy Kids Campaign in 2013.
- The Medical Professionals have been decorated by various National & International awards through the years.
- FICCI Healthcare Excellence Awards for Patient Safety in 2014.
- National Awards for Excellence in Healthcare: Award for the Best Patient Safety Initiative in Healthcare in 2016.
- National Awards for Excellence in Healthcare: Excellence in Training and Development in 2016.
- Global CSR Excellence Leadership Awards: Concern for Health in 2016.