Pulmonary Science and Critical Care
SPS Hospitals is the most preferred healthcare provider in Punjab for pulmonary and critical care treatments owing to its integrated wards, High Dependency Units, and Intensive Care Units (with fully equipped ventilator beds).
The Department of Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine provides the treatment of chronic conditions like TB, Sarcoidosis, Asthma, Tuberculosis, Covid-19 Pneumonia pleural effusion, pneumothorax and complex medical conditions such as pneumonia with sepsis interstitial lung disease and other respiratory-associated disorders. At SPS Hospitals, Pulmonologists (chest specialists) offer the best healthcare services to patients who are experiencing various breathing or lung disorders, even including neonatal care.
Conditions Treated at SPS Hospitals
The treatments available at the Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine Department as per the medical conditions at SPS Hospitals include –
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD)
- Interstitial Lung Disease
Some other respiratory conditions treated at SPS Hospitals include
- Lung Cancer
- Neuromuscular diseases
- Acute Respiratory Distress Syndrome
- Pulmonary Hypertension
- Pulmonary Fibrosis
Procedures Performed at SPS Hospitals
At the Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine Department of SPS Hospitals, medically precise and highly-advanced procedures are performed by Chest Physicians for the diagnosis & treatment. Some of these procedures include –
- Bronchoscopy – A Bronchoscopy is a diagnostic procedure in which a bronchoscope, a thin tube, is passed through the patient’s mouth or nose, down their throat to examine the airways and the lungs.
- EBUS-TBNA –(Endoscopic Bronchial Ultrasound guided trans-bronchial needle aspiration) is performed in case of enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes or suspected lung mass.
- Pleural Biopsy – It is usually performed to examine the piece for cancer, infection, or any other condition.
- Blood tests – To check the oxygen levels and other substances in the blood, the pulmonology specialist may order blood tests.
- PFT – A group of noninvasive tests that can measure the functioning of your lungs are known as pulmonary function tests (PFTs).
- Pulse oximetry
- CT Scan
Critical Care at SPS Hospitals
At SPS Hospitals we treat extremely ill patients with life-threatening illnesses and organ failure who need intense monitoring and life support equipment. Our medical experts with specialized training in critical care are available round-the-clock, providing the entire range of critical care services. These healthcare specialists are trained to provide 24-hour care, and to constantly monitor the vital signs of the patient.
To know more about critical care facilities click here
Why Choose Us?
With some of the finest chest and critical care specialists from all over the world, SPS Hospitals strive for excellence in patient care, hygienic conditions, and clinical services.
- We have been accredited four times by the Joint Commission International, USA, and also have the NABH accreditation for our excellent medical facilities, services, and treatments.
- SPS Hospitals have certified nurses and well-trained medical staff to cater to the needs of patients at all times.
- We have the best-in-class integrated OPD, IPD, High-Dependency Unit, and intensive care unit for treatments in Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine.
At SPS Hospitals, patient care is tailored as per each patient’s condition and requirements, and medical professionals from different departments come together to provide the best possible service.
All diseases pertaining to the respiratory system, including the lungs, respiratory muscles and airways, fall under the Pulmonology and Critical Care Department. Some of these conditions and diseases include sleep apnea, bronchitis, COPD, asthma, Pneumonia, Covid-19, Tuberculosis, pleural effusion, pneumothorax, and interstitial lung disease.
Yes! You can always visit us at the SPS Hospitals and consult the top pediatric and critical medicine specialists for underlying medical conditions.
If you are facing breathing problems, you must consult your doctor or physician. If your physician finds it necessary, after looking at your symptoms, you can then visit India’s best Pulmonologists at SPS Hospitals.
Book Your Consultation Now