You are discharged from your private room the next day (depending upon your comfort level) during your stay and even after discharge our trained Bariatric Dieticians would assist you with professional diet plans for weightloss.
Yes You Can!
Life Changing and Life Saving Weight Loss Surgery
We’ve helped thousands of people to regain active and healthy lifestyles as a result of our weight loss surgery program. They have more energy, more confidence and can participate in activities with their families.
In addition to significant weight loss, bariatric surgery can effectively treat chronic health conditions related to obesity, including type 2 Diabetes, Sleep Apnea, High Cholesterol, Hypertension, Fatty Liver, Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease, Joint Pain, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome or Disease/Infertility and more.
The Department of Bariatric Surgery of SPS Hospital offers many options to help obese patients to safely lose weight and get rid of there comorbidities. Our nationally recognized program offers proven bariatric procedures, as well as life-long diet plans, counselling and support groups to help you achieve sustained weight loss goals.
Learn more about our weight loss programs and support groups:
- Bariatric procedure and surgical options for safe, effective weight loss
- Nutritional counselling including customized diet and exercise program
- Orientation Seminars and support groups to ensure your success
- Helpful procedures and Information for weight loss patients
Call 88720-27380 to schedule an appointment or fill out the form below.
Book Your Consultation Now!
Dr. Amit Bhambri is a General and Laparoscopic Surgeon with a specialty in Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery. He is First Bariatric Surgeon in India to be certified from Premier Institute, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. He has extensive experience in the field of Weight loss Surgery and Minimal Access Surgery and finished his training from high volume, Apex Institute of India. He has also been to Homerton University Hospital, London (UK), one of largest volume Bariatric surgery centres in London, for further gaining experience in field of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgery.
Dr Amit Bhambri, has travelled extensively and presented various research projects and papers in field of bariatric surgery both nationally and internationally.
He has many important studies published in various International journals with high impact factor by him in field of Bariatric Surgery and Minimal access surgery. He has expertise and experience in treating super obese patients who usually suffer from many life-threatening comorbidities with utmost empathy and safety.
- We are fully accredited as a Center of Excellence hospital with state of art infrastructure and well trained doctors and nurses. Dr. Amit Bhambri has vast experience in the field of bariatric and metabolic surgery and is first certified Bariatric surgeon from prestigious institute, All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi.
- SPS Hospitals has the rare achievement of being the first hospital in South East Asia to be accredited by the prestigious Joint Commission International, USA. The Hospital is accredited by NABH. Blood Bank of SPS Hospitals was accredited by National Accreditation Board for Hospitals and Healthcare Providers (NABH) in 2013. In 2018, The Department of Laboratory services has been accredited by National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories (NABL). that signifies that we have met the highest standards in patient safety and quality available in healthcare.
Like all surgical procedures, complications can occur after bariatric surgery. However, the chances of complications are low. In general, the risks of remaining obese are substantially higher than the small risk of surgical complications. Nevertheless, one should be fully aware of all the possible risks before undergoing surgery. Some of the complications can be serious if not detected in time. Your doctor will full explain you all the risks involved in detail before surgery.
This depends on the type of operation. After sleeve gastrectomy, the chances of developing nutritional deficiencies are low. This problem is commoner after gastric bypass surgery, a procedure in which a part of the food is not absorbed. It is important that one understands the need for postoperative life-long compliance with multivitamins and supplements if one decides for gastric bypass surgery.
At discharge will be handed over a detailed discharge summary with detailed description of medicines, precautions to be taken in post-operative period at your home and when to follow-up in the clinic.
- Whatsapp or call at +91-88720-27380
- Email at: Marketing@spshospitals.com
There are different types of Bariatric and Metabolic Surgeries, (Lap. Sleeve Gastrectomy, Lap Mini Gastric Bypass, Lap. Roux en-Y gastric bypass, Revisional Surgeries, Endoscopic sleeve gastroplasty) and different categories of room packages (from general ward to deluxe suite). Once your doctor takes up your detail history and examination and advises best possible surgical procedure for you, we will give you the best possible package depending on your choice of stay. Needless to say we at SPS Hospitals provide best medical care to all our patients at most reasonable cost in the region.
Package includes your pre surgery check-up investigations, surgical cost including all disposables, anaesthesia fees, recovery room charges, 4 days private room/ General ward charges, in-hospital diet and medicines.
Treatment required for any other medical ailments/obesity related comorbid problems.
Pay us through
- Debit Card or Credit Card (VISA, MASTER)
- Online bank account transfer
Any medical tests or relevant reports related to your past medical history/medical or surgical treatment taken in past should be brought along with you.
After detailed counselling session, including video counselling all your queries/doubts/myths regarding weight loss surgery would be answered in detail. You are encouraged to bring along your relatives/loved ones into the counselling sessions with the doctor, for proper understanding of weight loss surgery and path to recovery after it.
After selecting the right Bariatric procedure for you, you would be thoroughly investigated, including Pre-Anesthesia Check-up (PAC) and then you are scheduled for surgery.