We at SPS Hospitals are determined to make people’s lives free from a range of Cardiothoracic and Vascular diseases. The team of expert cardiac surgeons and interventional cardiologists at our hospital treat a wide variety of Heart Diseases.
Cardiothoracic and vascular surgeries are performed on the heart, lungs and other parts of the chest. They include anything from minimally invasive procedures to heart transplants. Rhythmic Heart disturbances, Adult Congenital disease, and Atrial Fibrillation are a few of the many cardiothoracic conditions that we have treated successfully.
Vascular surgeries mainly are done at SPS Hospitals for the vascular system, arteries, veins, and lymphatic circulation. At our heart centre, we see that heart diseases and ailments are diagnosed early. We have adopted a preventive approach when it comes to the health of your heart.
Causes of Cardiothoracic and Vascular Problems
There are a number of cardiothoracic and vascular diseases that are treated by the experts at SPS Hospital such as, but not limited to:
- Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
- Mitral Valve and Aortic Valve Disease
- Atrial Septal Defects
- Ventricular Septal Defects
- Carotid Artery Disease and Carotid Artery Stenosis
- Intermittent Claudication
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Tetralogy of Fallot
- Lung Cancer, Oesophageal Cancer
- Congenital Conditions
- Damage to the Chest Area
- Chronic Venous Insufficiency
- ECMO in ARDS and CELFOS poisoning
- Minimally Invasive Heart and Chest Surgery
- Varicose Veins Laser Treatment
Cardiothoracic and Vascular Tests Performed at SPS Hospital
The following is the list of tests done at SPS Hospitals:
- 128 Slice/CT Coronary Angiography– The CT scanner can assist in tests like cardiac imaging, CT angiography, perfusion imaging, etc. to assess the underlying condition.
- Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram and TMT– These tests are used to check the heart’s chambers and valve working by creating a real-time image on the monitor.
- Stress Echo & Stress Test- These tests are done on a treadmill and your heart rate as well breathing patterns are monitored along with blood pressure.
- Ambulatory BP Monitoring and Holter Examination– In this test cardiac monitoring for 24 hours or more is done.
- Electro Cardio Gram or ECG- It precisely tells the electrical activity of the heart. Arrhythmias can be found using this by detecting muscle damage in the heart.
- Doppler for Varicose Veins
Other tests include Color Doppler, 2D/3D Echo and 2D/3D TEE.
Cardiothoracic & Vascular Procedures Performed at SPS Hospitals
- Angioplasty – Arteries are reopened for restoring the blood by removing fat plaques.
- Stent Placement- A small metal coil / tube (sent) is put in the narrow artery to keep if open.
- Open Heart Surgery- These surgeries usually are performed to treat the blockages in the coronary arteries or to correct heart valves.
- Carotid Artery Surgery- It removes the plaque in the carotid artery.
- Heart Transplant- A diseased or dysfunctional heart is replaced with a new healthy heart. When all the treatments have not been able to recover the heart from the damage, a transplant is suggested.
- Mitral / Aortic / Valve Disease- Aortic valve disease is treated as per the severity and underlying symptoms. Surgery is recommended if there is a need to repair / replace the aortic valve / Mitral Valve
- Beating Heart Bypass Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Cardiac Surgery
- Video Assisted Thoracic Surgery (Minimally invasive lungs surgery)
- Painless Laser Treatment For Varicose Veins
- ECMO Treatment in Celphos poisoning and ARDS
- All surgical treatment for Blood Vessels Diseases Available.
- Medical / Surgical Treatment for Abnormal Heart Beats
Why Choose SPS Hospital?
- We have highly experienced surgeons, medical specialists, and other staff.
- Our hospitals are equipped with the latest and most advanced equipment and technology for better treatment.
- We treat all the basic to complicated Cardiothoracic and Vascular conditions.
- We always prioritise the patient – centric approach
- Personalized diagnostic treatment plans and services for each patient.
- Cardiovascular surgery including transplantation, interventional cardiology, child heart surgery and many other advanced level treatment and procedures are undertaken at SPS Centre for Heart Sciences.
- Best ECMO Team in Punjab- Treated many celphos poisoning cases and ARDS patients in Covid.
We at SPS Hospitals are equipped with the best kind of technical support and expert cardiovascular surgeons to perform all types of simple to complex surgeries and procedures.
Once associated with our hospitals, you can step out worry-free as all your health-related concerns are solved by highly skilled and certified doctors and support staff. Your treatment becomes our top priority right from when you step into our hospital until you get health.
Arrhythmia or irregular heart beat may or may not need medication. Pacemakers and defibrillators are used if the problem is severe. The heart specialists at SPS Hospitals try to understand the entire situation and then prepare the best treatment plan for patients.
The signs include shortness of breath, bloating, swelling in the legs, fatigue, etc.
No, it may include chest discomfort, shoulder or arm pain, back or jaw pain, anxiety, fatigue, etc.
Cardiac surgeons focus mainly on heart problems, whereas cardiothoracic includes a larger number of surgeries on the different organs in the chest.
Book Your Consultation Now