SPS Hospitals has a dedicated, well staffed and fully functional Department of Pediatric Cardiology and Pediatric Cardio-thoracic surgery.
This division since its establishment has been a pioneer in the field of pediatric cardiology in the northern part of the country. It’s primary goal is to provide diagnosis, evaluation, and management for children having heart diseases. Our team of highly experienced Pediatric Cardiologists and Pediatric Cardio-thoracic Surgeons ensure that the best treatment modalities available worldwide are provided to the newborns, infants and children under their care. Congenital and acquired cardiac diseases in children can be varied and may require medical management, cardiac intervention or surgical correction. At SPS Hospitals, our children’s heart specialists hold expertise in providing comprehensive care for all our young patients with full compassion and empathy.
The Department of Pediatric Cardiology at SPS Hospitals provides a diverse range of diagnostic services that help us deliver the best healthcare facilities. These services include:
- Pediatric Echocardiography (Transthoracic, Transesophageal, 3D Echo)
- Fetal Echocardiography
- Pediatric Electrocardiography (ECG)
- 24 hour Holter Monitoring
- Cardiac angiography and cath study for operability
The Department of Pediatric Cardiology at SPS Hospitals is well-equipped to provide various kinds of treatments modalities and surgeries for a wide range of commonly diagnosed pediatric cardiac conditions, including:
- Device Closure for (Atrial septal defect, ventricular septal defect, Patent ductus arteriosus, Etc.
- Balloon dilatation in valvar aortic stenosis, pulmonary stenosis, Coarctation of aorta, Etc.
- Stenting- Coarctation, Peripheral Pulmonary Artery Stenosis, Patent ductus arteriosus
- Coil embolization
- Balloon atrial septostomy
- Radiofrequency Ablation
There are many different cardiac conditions in children that come under the collective umbrella of “Pediatric Cardiac Surgery.” The conditions that can be successfully treated with surgery are as follow-
- Atrial septal defect and Ventricular Septal Defect closures, Patent Ductus Arteriosus ligation
- Tetralogy of fallot
- Atrioventricular canal defect repair
- Arterial switch Operation, Double-switch procedure
- Aortic valve stenosis repair, Coarctation of the aorta repair, Aortic arch advancement, Ross procedure
- Blalock-Taussig shunt/ PA Banding
- Norwood operation, Fontan procedure, Glen surgery,
- Repair of anomalous coronary artery, Repair of Ebstein’s anomaly, Rastelli procedure etc.
Why Choose Us?
The multidisciplinary approach with a team of highly qualified, trained, and experienced Pediatric Cardiologists and cardiac surgeons in combination with cutting-edge technology is available at the Pediatric Cardiology division and accounts for SPS Hospitals providing the best healthcare services to all children having heart diseases.
Our team constitutes certified nurses and other medical staff manning our state of the art pediatric cardiac and neonatal intensive care units are specifically trained in providing comprehensive medical care to children with heart problems.
SPS Hospitals has been accredited by NABH, JCI (USA) etc for top-quality medical facilities and treatments provided to every patient who visits us.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
The Pediatric Cardiology Department at the SPS Hospitals located in Ludhiana has a team of the best Pediatric Cardiologists in Punjab.
Pediatric Cardiology is the medical Specialty dealing with ailments and conditions of the heart in children who are below the age of 18 years.
Heart diseases can be anywhere between simply cured and life-threatening. It is important to pay attention to the below-mentioned common symptoms and get treatment as soon as you experience them:
- Not growing well or not gaining weight
- Difficulty in feeding or excessive sweating during feeding
- Fast breathing
- Recurrent pneumonia requiring hospital admission
- Inconsolable crying
- Bluish discoloration of fingers, lips, and skin
- Early tiring during play activity
- Chest pain
Book Your Consultation Now