At SPS Hospitals, we offer world-class healthcare services to patients with lung and breathing disorders. A Pulmonologist is a chest specialist that treats these medical problems associated with any problem in the respiratory system.
Our Department of Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine provides the treatment of chronic conditions like chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), Sarcoidosis, Asthma, Tuberculosis, Obstructive Sleep Apnea, Covid-19 Pneumonia pleural effusion, pneumothorax and complex medical conditions such as pneumonia with sepsis interstitial lung disease and other respiratory associated disorders in integrated wards, High Dependency Units and Intensive Care Units.
Facilities at SPS Hospitals
Excellent patient care and best clinical services are our top priorities at SPS Hospitals to fulfill this latest technology and state of the art infrastructure is provided for patients with lung and breathing disorders. IPD and OPD services are available along with intensive care units, diagnostic facilities, and testing units for tests such as PFT, Bronchoscopy, EBUS – TBNA and More.
Treatments Offered at SPS Hospitals
Some of the treatments available at the Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine Department as per the medical conditions at SPS Hospitals include –
- Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD)
- Interstitial lung disease
- Acute respiratory distress syndrome,
- Pulmonary Hypertension,
- Lung cancer, and
- Pulmonary fibrosis.
Tests and Procedures Performed at SPS Hospitals
At the Pulmonology and Critical Care Medicine Department of SPS Hospitals, medically precise and highly-advanced procedures are performed for the diagnosis & treatment. Some of these procedures include –
- Physical Examination – The first step in the diagnosis of a condition is physical examination. The Pulmonologist or Chest Physician will perform a physical examination of the nasal passage, throat, and chest area to understand more about the symptoms that the patient is experiencing.
- Blood tests – To check the oxygen levels and other substances in the blood, the Pulmonologist may order blood tests.
- Pulse oximetry – This test is done to measure the oxygen saturation level in the patient’s blood
- X-Ray – To get the image of your chest.
- CT Scan – To get a detailed image of your chest, a CT scan may be performed.
- PFT – A group of noninvasive tests that can measure the functioning of your lungs are known as pulmonary function tests (PFTs). These tests may also be performed if you have a chronic lung disease like COPD or asthma and your chest doctor wants to monitor its course.
- Bronchoscopy – A Bronchoscopy is a diagnostic procedure in which a bronchoscope, a thin tube, is passed through the patient’s mouth or nose, down their throat to examine the airways and the lungs.
- EBUS – TBNA – (Endoscopic Bronchial Ultrasound guided trans-bronchial needle aspiration) is performed in case of enlarged mediastinal lymph nodes or suspected lung mass.
- Pleural Biopsy – It is usually performed to examine the piece for cancer, infection, or any other condition.
Why Choose Us?
With some of the finest chest and critical care specialists from all over the world, SPS Hospitals strive for excellence in patient care, hygienic conditions, and clinical services. “SPS Hospitals” is the first hospital chain in Southeast Asia to be accredited by the Joint Commission International, USA, within two years of its inception of operations. We have the best-in-class integrated OPD, IPD, High-Dependency Unit, and intensive care unit in the Department of Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine.
At SPS Hospitals, patient care is tailored as per each patient’s condition and requirements, and medical professionals from different departments come together to provide the best possible service.
The field of medicine specialises in the diagnosis and treatment of respiratory diseases such as chronic bronchitis, asthma or cystic fibrosis. SPS Hospitals provide the best diagnosis and treatment for all these medical problems while being patient-centric in our approach.
All diseases pertaining to the respiratory system including the lungs, respiratory muscles and airways fall under the Pulmonology and Critical Care Department. Some of these conditions and diseases include sleep apnea, bronchitis, COPD, asthma, Pneumonia, Covid-19, Tuberculosis, pleural effusion, pneumothorax, and interstitial lung disease.
If you are facing breathing problems or below symptoms regularly, you must consult your doctor.
- Recurring colds and coughing
- Tightness or pain in the chest
- Having difficulty breathing
If your physician finds it necessary, after looking at your symptoms, you can then visit India’s best Pulmonologists (chest specialists), at SPS Hospitals.
Book Your Consultation Now