Dr. Gajinder Pal Singh Kaler has done his DM (Cardiology) from SMS Medical College (Jaipur), M.D (Medicine) from Dayanand Medical College & Hospital (Ludhiana) and M.B.B.S from Government Medical College (Amritsar). He has won the National Award SCAI-Society for Cardiovascular Angiography & Interventions (US), AV Gandhi Award for Excellence in Cardiology 2021. He has also won a National Award, Indian Council of Medical Research, (New Delhi). He was working as a Consultant in Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, (New Delhi) and has also worked in Cornell University, (USA). Dr. G. P. S. Kaler is an International Associate, American College of Cardiology (ACC), a Professional Member of European Society of Cardiology, and a member of Cardiology Society of India.
- Associate Consultant (Interventional Cardiology) – Fortis Escorts Heart Institute, Okhla, New Delhi
- Senior Resident – SMS Medical College, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- Senior Resident (Medicine) – DMC & H, Ludhiana
- Intern – Weil Cornell Medical College, Cornell University, Manhattan, New York (USA )
Area of Expertise
- Radial and femoral coronary Angiography
- Coronary Angioplasty
- Intracoronary Imaging-(IVUS, OCT), Complex PCI (Rota ablation, IVL – Intravascular lithotripsy)
- Pacemaker (Single Chamber/ Dual Chamber)
- ICD (Implantable cardioverter-defibrillators)
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRT) Devices,
- Carotid Angiography & Angioplasty
- Atrial Septal Defect device closure(ASD), Patent Ductus Arteriosus device closure (PDA)
- Balloon Aortic Valvuloplasty, Balloon Pulmonary/Mitral Valvotomy
- Peripheral angiography and angioplasty, Embolization
- 2D Echocardiography, Dobutamine Stress Echocardiogram, Treadmill Test
Conferences & Course Attended
- Presented paper in ACC Asia 2022 and other prestigious conferences. He has authored chapters in prestigious books like Cardiology Update by CSI 2021. He has attended numerous National & International conferences
- Presented his research paper at ESC Congress 2022, Barcelona, Spain.
- Presented his Interventional Cardiology Case at AICT Asia PCR 2022 conference at Singapore.
- Has been part of the National Faculty at various Cardiology forums and courses.
- International Associate, American College of Cardiology (ACC)
- Professional Member, European Society of Cardiology
- Member, Cardiology Society of India
- FAPSIC – Fellow of Asian Pacific Society of Interventional Cardiology
Research Experience and Awards
- “Speckle tracking Echocardiographic assessment of left ventricular function by myocardial strain before and after aortic valve replacement” (n= 94) – Research project in SMS Medical College, Jaipur (Department of Cardiology). Published as https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35087700/
- Presented Paper at ACC Asia 2022
- MD. Dissertation “Precipitating Factors for Acute decompensated heart failure in patients with stable chronic left ventricular systolic dysfunction” , Department of Medicine & Cardiology, DMC & H, Ludhiana. Published https://www.j-pcs.org/article.asp?issn=2395-5414;year=2018;volume=4;issue=1;spage=21;epage=28;aulast=Kaler
- Perinatal transmission of Dengue: a case report. Kaur N, Mangal DK, Gupta S, et al. Perinatal transmission of dengue. J Evolution Med Dent Sci 2020;9(42):3167-3168, DOI: 10.14260/jemds/2020/693
- Authored chapter on “Plaque burden vs stenosis as predictor in ischemic events in coronary atherosclerosis” for Cardiology Update (Cardiology Society of India) book 2021.
- Authored State of art article in IHJ Cardiovascular case reports on management of calcified lesions titled “OCT-guided “Combo therapy” for a severely calcified bifurcation (LAD/D1): A case report”
- Was Awarded National Silver Medal by AV Gandhi SCAI(Society for Cardiovascular Angiography and Interventions, USA) Award for Excellence in Cardiology 2021.
- National Award for MD Dissertation Thesis by Indian Council of Medical Research, Govt. of India, New Delhi.