Dr. Jai Praksh has done his MBBS and MD (Anesthesia) from Government Medical College Patiala. He has expertise in Anaesthesia. On a personal front, he loves reading and traveling. Consultant in Anaesthesiology (Multispecialty) with more than 21 years post M D clinical experience in anesthesia for all surgical specialties except cardiac anesthesia. Also, have good exposure to Critical Care and Pain Management.
- Presently working as Additional Director and Head of the Department of Anaesthesiology at Fortis Hospital, Ludhiana.
- Employed with Fortis Hospital, Ludhiana since November 2013 wherein I independently manage and supervise anaesthesia care in Advanced Laparoscopic and Minimally Invasive Surgery, Bariatric and Metabolic surgery, Neurosurgery, Trauma, General Surgery, Endo Urology, Obstetrics and Gynaecology, Orthopaedics including Joint Replacements , Pediatric surgery and ENT surgery.
- Fortis Hospital Ludhiana is a multi-specialty hospital and is part of Fortis Group of Hospitals the largest chain of healthcare industry in India.
- I am a credentialed Smile Train Anaesthetist and managed more than 3000 cases of cleft surgeries independently.
- I am DNB ( Anaesthesia) Faculty and Examiner for the last three years.
- Worked as a Consultant Anesthesiologist at Sidhu Hospital Pvt Ltd Doraha, Ludhiana since July 2006.
- Sidhu Hospital is among the pioneers who introduced Endoscopic and Laparoscopic surgery in Northern India.
- I was instrumental in setting up of SMILE TRAIN project in this hospital under which free surgical care is provided for cleft lip/cleft palate population in collaboration with the US-based nonprofit organization “THE SMILE TRAIN”.
- Also worked as a visiting consultant at Aastha Kidney and Super Specialty Hospital, Ludhiana for 7 Years. Aastha Kidney hospital is a credentialed hospital for renal transplant surgery and I was heading the anesthesia team of the transplant unit.
- Teaching basics of anesthesia to the tutors and nursing students at Sidhu School Of Nursing and Research Institute, Doraha.
Area of Expertise
- Credentialed Smil Train Anesthetist with more than 3000 cases of CLEFT Surgeries to his credit
- Bariatric Surgeries.
- Painless Deliveries and Regional anesthesia.
Conferences & Courses Attended
- Attends many National Conferences both as faculty and delegate.
- Life member India Society of Anesthesia.
- Life member RSACP ( Research Society of Anesthesiology and Clinical Pharmacology).