Dr Karan Aggarwal is a dynamic ENT and Head-Neck Surgeon. He completed his MBBS in 2012 from the prestigious Government Medical College, Patiala. Thereafter he completed MS in ENT and Head & Neck Surgery in 2016 from the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS), New Delhi. Following this, he did a fellowship in Laryngology and Phonosurgery from Medanta, the Medicity, Gurugram from 2016-2017.
Thereafter, he joined AIIMS, New Delhi again to do his Senior Residency in ENT from 2017-2020. With a keen interest in Neurotology and Skull Base Surgery, he then worked as Fellow in Skull Base Surgery at AIIMS from 2020-2021 being trained in the departments of ENT and Neurosurgery.
He has been instrumental in training residents and building a team at Department of ENT and Head & Neck Surgery at Dr BR Ambedkar State Institute of Medical Sciences, Mohali where he worked as Assistant Professor and Head of Department from 2021-2022.
Dr Karan Aggarwal has a keen interest in hearing disorders, voice pathologies and skull base/head and neck oncology. With an advanced training background in the field of ENT, Skull Base Surgery and Head and Neck Oncology, he aims to provide state of the art and quality services to Punjab and neighboring states.
- Worked as Assistant Professor and Head in Department of Otorhinolaryngology at AIMS, Mohali from 2021 to 2022
Area of Expertise
- Keen interest in Vertigo and Balance disorders
- Case based and individualized management for Allergic Rhinitis and Chronic Sinusitis.
- Management of post COVID hearing loss, tinnitus, vertigo, taste disturbances and loss of smell.
- Management of sudden sensorineural hearing loss.
- Endoscopic evaluation of voice disorders.
- Endoscopic evaluation of swallowing disorders. (FEES)
- Hearing restoration and reconstruction e.g Stapedotomy, Ossiculoplasty, etc.
- Scarless Myringoplasty
- Cochlear Implant
- Painless tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy
- Endoscopic nasal and sinus surgeries (FESS)
- Voice and Airway surgeries
- Advanced Anterior and Lateral Skull Base surgeries for skull base tumors and cancers
- Endoscopic Optic Nerve Decompression surgery for post trauma vision loss
- Endoscopic Orbital Decompression for Thyroid Ophthalmopathy
- Endoscopic Dacryocystorhinostomy (DCR)
- Endoscopic Surgery for Cerebrospinal Fluid Leaks
- Endoscopic Surgery for Nasal Angiofibroma
- Surgery for Mucormycosis
- Facial Trauma
- Medical and Surgical management of Facial palsy
- Head and Neck Cancer Surgeries with Reconstruction
- Thyroid and Parotid Surgery
- Management of Airway Foreign Bodies
- ENT Airways Emergencies like reconstruction for Cricotracheal seperation, Emeregncy Tracheostomy, Deep Neck Space Infections etc.
- Management of congenital stridor
- Evaluation and management of primary snoring and obstructive sleep apnea
- Open and Endoscopic Airway Reconstruction Surgeries
Conferences & Course Attended
- Invited as Faculty at Cadaveric Airway Workshop, 2017 at Trauma Centre, AIIMS, Delhi
- Presented thesis at “EndoChicago, World Congress for Endoscopic Surgery of the Skull Base and Brain”May,2016, Chicago, USA
- Winner of National Rhinology Quiz at AOICON, 2016, Gurugram
- Winner of Best Surgical Video, Endonasal Repair of Sphenoidal CSF Rhinorrhea at Rhinocon, 2019, Chandigarh.
- Winner of Best Surgical Video, Cochlear Schwannoma, at ISOCON,2019, Kolkata.
- Member of Organising Committee of Cochlear Implant Group of India Conference (CIGICON, 2014) held at AIIMS, Delhi.
- Presented poster titled “ A series of 15 cases of Carcinoma Temporal Bone” at ISOCON, Chennai, 2014.
- Completed course on “Basic Life Support” by Indian Academy of Pediatrics held at Lady Hardinge Medical College, 2019.
- Completed course titled “Advanced Critical Care Course” at AIIMS, Delhi, 2019.
- Member of Association of Phonosurgeons of India.
- Member of Association of Otolaryngologists of India
- Member of Editorial Board of International Journal of Medical Research Professionals.