Dr. Kavita Shrivastava is working as senior consultant in department of pathology & lab head in the department of laboratory services at SPS hospitals, Ludhiana.
She has extensive experience of 24 years post PG. She did her MBBS (1994) and MD Pathology (1998) from GR medical college Gwalior. She actively participated in the establishment of laboratory services in three big corporate hospitals of India namely Bombay Hospital Indore, Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute and Cancer Research Centre, New Delhi and SPS Hospital Ludhiana. She played an active role in JCI accreditation, NABH and NABL accreditation processes and quality improvement programs.
Apart from her academic career she has keen interest in extracurricular activities and has participated in various inter-school inter-college, district and state level debate ,extempore and quiz competitions. She is an avid reader and has penned many poems. She also completed a course on creative writing.
- Pathologist – Ekvira Heart Institute Nagpur (Now Wockhardt Hospital Nagpur)
- Demonstrator – Govt. Medical college, Chandigarh
- Consultant Pathologist – Bombay Hospital, Indore
- Consultant Pathologist – Sri Balaji Action Medical Institute and Cancer Research Centre, New Delhi
- Senior Consultant and Coordinator Pathology – S.P.S Hospital, Ludhiana
- Lab Head – SRL Fortis Hospital, Ludhiana
- Senior Consultant (Pathology) and Lab Head – SPS Hospitals, Ludhiana
Area of Expertise
- Histopathology (spectrum includes small endoscopic biopsies of various organs and large surgical specimens including benign and cancer surgery specimens (i.e.- Gastro Intestinal , Genitourinary, Soft Tissue Tumors, Bone Tumors, Lung Tumors , Brain Tumors, Skin Biopsies etc.)
- Cytopathology (FNACs, body fluid & urine examination, PAP Smears.)
- Hematology including bone marrow examination, Clinical Pathology
Conferences & Course Attended
- Attended various national and international CMEs and Conferences
- Papers published in various national and international journals
- Contributed a chapter in a book’ Pathology residency made easy
- Co-guide for thesis of DNB gynae and surgery residents
- Indian association of Pathologists and Microbiologists
Publications and Presentations
- Caesarean scar ectopic pregnancy : Varied Presentation with their diagnostic and therapeutic implications; – J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci 2016.
- Spectrum of benign breast diseases in a tertiary care hospital of Punjab Original research article . J. Evolution Med. Dent. Sci 2017.
- Castleman’s disease : A rare case report of unicentric type in a young female (case report) – Saudi Surg J 2015.
- Aspergillosis mimicking brain tumor, ( Report of two cases);Poster presented at North West chapter of IAPM Conference
- Gastric glomus tumour, a case report; Poster Presented a North West chapter of IAPM Conference.
- Microfilaria in malignant pleural effusion: an unusual Incidental finding, a case report; Poster Presented at North West chapter of IAPM conference
- Contributed a chapter in a book “Pathology Residency Made Easy “
- Attended one year ((July 2020 to june2021)online course on Basic Histopathology with Practical And Medico Legal Safeguards
- Co-guide for one DNB surgery and two DNB Obs & gynaecology thesis.