Dr Sandeep Kumar Goyal is a Psychiatrist with 17 years of clinical experience. He completed his MBBS from S.M.S Medical College, Jaipur and M.D (Psychiatry) from Govt. Medical College, Amritsar. After completing MD (Psychiatry) from GMCH Amritsar, Dr Sandeep Kumar Goyal worked as Senior Resident and Assistant Professor at M.M.Institute of Medical Science and Research, Mullana.
In 2008 he joined Christian Medical College, Ludhiana and worked as Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Professor. Since 2017 he is working as Senior Consultant at SPS Hospitals, Ludhiana.
He has more than 25 publications in the national and international Journals. He is on editorial advisory board of various journals. He has edited a multi-authored textbook of Psychiatry “Essentials of Psychiatry” for undergraduate MBBS students. He worked as Hon. General Secretary of Indian Psychiatric Society- North Zone (2014-2018) and was President of Indian Psychiatric Society- North Zone (2020-2021). Currently he is North Zone Representative to Indian Psychiatric Society (2021-2024) .
- Senior Consultant – SPS Hospital
- Head of the Psychiatry Department – CMC Hospital, Ludhiana
- Assistant Professor, Associate Professor , Professor – CMC Hospital, Ludhiana
- Senior Resident and Assistant Professor – M.M.Institute of Medical Science and Research, Mullana
Area of Expertise
- Anxiety disorders
- Relationship Problems
- Sexual disorders
- Bipolar Disorder
- Behavioral problems in Children
He worked as Head of The Department of Psychiatry, Christian Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana.
Conferences & Course Attended
Apart from attending various national and international conferences he organized various conferences:
- Organizing Secretary of Annual Conference of IPS North Zone-2010
- Organizing Secretary of Annual Mid Term CME of IPS North Zone: 2012
- Organizing Secretary of Annual Conference of IPS North Zone : 2014
- Joint Organizing Secretary of Annual conference of PUNCIPS ( Punjab and Chandigarh branch of IPS) : 2017
- Organizing Secretary of Annual Mid Term CME of IPS North Zone: 2019
- Organizing Secretary of Workshop on MHCA of IAPP-Punjab and Chandigarh Branch 2019
- Organizing Chairperson of Annual Conference of IPS North Zone: 2021
- Organizing Chairperson of Annual Mid Term CME of IPS North Zone: 2021
- Organizing Chairperson of PGDP of IPS North Zone: 2021
- Life Fellow of Indian Psychiatric Society
- Life Fellow of Indian Psychiatric Society- North Zone
- Life Fellow of PUNCIPS ( Punjab and Chandigarh branch of Indian Psychiatric Society)
- Life Fellow of Indian Association of Private Psychiatry
- Life Fellow of Addiction Psychiatric Society of India
- Life Fellow of Indian Association for Child and Adolescent Mental Health (IACAM)
- Indian Medical Association
- Goyal SK, Dhaliwal S, Goyal S. Simultaneous onset of mania precipitated by stress in twins. German J Psychiatry 2006; 9:139-40.
- Mittal S, Goyal S K, Samta , Mittal MS. Psychological aspects of serial killings. JPAFMAT 2007; 7(2): 58-60.
- Goyal S K , Singh P , Gargi P.D. , Singh T, Samta .A study of convicted prisoners : crime and its correlates : International journal of medical toxicology & legal medicine.2008; 10(2) : 43-44.
- Arora S, Goyal SK. Unusual foreign body in the ear in an adult patient with psychiatric illness. Indian J Psychiatry 2009; 51:164.
- George U, Varte N, Rathore S, Jain V, Goyal S. “Split thalamus”: Internal medullary involvement in Wilson’s disease. Neurol India 2010; 58:680.
- Goyal S K, Singh P, Gargi PD, Goyal S, Garg A. Psychiatric Morbidity in Prisoners. Indian j Psychiatry 2011; 53:253-7.
- Sharma A, Singh PR, Goyal S, Singla M, Kaur H. A descriptive study to assess the neuropsychological deficits among epileptic children. Delhi Psychiatry Journal. 2011; 14(1):78-87.
- Kanish B, Goyal S K and George A. Dermatitis Artefacta: a cry for help. Delhi Psychiatry Journal 2013, Vol.16, No.2: 458-459.
- Singla M, Williams A, Sharma A, Deswal RS , Goyal SK, Kumar N. Paranoid schizophrenia with plica polonica. Delhi Psychiatry Journal 2014, Vol.17, No.1: 201-203.
- Kanish B, Bhatia A, Goyal S K . Cutaneous complications of injection drug abuse. Journal of Evolution of Medical and Dental Sciences 2014; Vol. 3, Issue 28, July 14; Page: 7755-7762.
- Lall A, Goyal SK. Depression in nonpsychiatric geriatric outpatients. J Geriatr Ment Health 2015; 2:38-41.
- Singla M, Goyal SK, Sood A, Philips A, Philips S. Profile and Pattern of Follow‑ups of Psychiatry Outpatients at Christian Medical College, Ludhiana. J Mental Health Hum Behav.2015; 20:76-9.
- Goyal SK, Goel A. Successful use of risperidone, trihexyphenidyl, and paroxetine in pregnancy. Indian J Psychol Med 2017; 39:835-6.
- Goyal SK, Kumar N, Badyal D, Kainth A, Singh T. Preparation of Blueprint for Clinical Assessment of Undergraduate Medical
Students in Psychiatry. Journal of Research in Medical Education & Ethics 2017; 7: 205-8.
- Goyal SK. Mania associated with use of lurasidone in a patient with bipolar disorder. J Mental Health Hum Behav 2017; 22:138-9.
- Goyal SK, Kumar N, Badyal D, Kainth A, Singh T. Feedback of students to aligned teaching -learning and assessment. Indian J Psychiatry 2017; 59:516-7.
- Kanish B, Goyal SK, Thomas EA,Singla M, Kate P, Kamra D. Depression and Anxiety in Melasma: Prevalence and Correlates in North India. Indian Journal of Clinical and Experimental Dermatology, 2017;3(4):167-71.
- Goyal SK, Gera C, Singla M, Kumar N. Desvenlafaxine overdose‑induced toxic cardiomyopathy and acute left ventricular failure: A case report. Indian J Psychol Med 2018; 40:99‑
- Goyal SK, Badyal DK. Significant thrombocytopenia with sodium valproate in an adult patient with alcohol dependence. Indian J Psychiatry 2018; 60:252-3.
- Govil P, Singh A, Goyal S, Rajesh I, Gupta N. Stress Perception and Its Psycho-Social Attributes in a Rural Community of Northern India. Indian Journal of Public Health Research & Development 2018; 9 (3): 113-18.
- Gupta R, Grover S, Basu A, Krishnan V, Tripathi A, Subramanyam A, et al. Changes in sleep pattern and sleep quality during COVID‑19 lockdown. Indian J Psychiatry 2020;62:370-8.
- Goyal S, Shrivastva A, Singh G, Goyal SK, Kamra D, Kaur S, et al. Incidence, prevalence, risk factors and outcome of delirium in the intensive care unit of a tertiary care hospital. J Mental Health Hum Behav 2020;25:113-7.
- Grover S, Goyal SK, Mehra A, Sahoo S, Goyal S. A Survey of Parents of Children Attending the Online Classes During the Ongoing COVID-19 Pandemic. Indian J Pediatr. 2021;88(3):280. doi:10.1007/s12098-020-03523-5
- Grover S, Goyal SK, Sahoo S, Goyal S, Mehra A. Views of medical students about online classes started during the COVID-19 pandemic: An online exploratory survey from India. J Mental Health Hum Behav 2021;26:62-7
- Grover S, Goyal SK, Mehra A, Sahoo S, Goyal S. Parents views about online classes during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic: A web-based cross-sectional survey. Journal of Indian Association for Child & Adolescent Mental Health ; 17(3):127-142, 2021.