Pancreatic Wellness OPD
SPS Hospitals in Ludhiana, is one of the most advanced hospitals for Pancreatic Wellness in India, committed to offering top-of-the-line medical services for pancreatic diseases. We provide a healthful environment to every patient visiting the SPS Hospitals. The pancreas specialist at SPS Hospitals provides a full-fledged treatment plan for every patient considering and consulting the patient for medical history and underlying medical conditions.
Introduction to Pancreas Wellness
The pancreas regulates the sugar levels in the body. It plays a vital role in the digestion of food, which makes pancreatic wellness a vital topic. It is important to choose the right type of food to prevent your pancreas from disorders and diseases likely to affect its functioning.
It can be difficult to evaluate pancreatic diseases as the pancreas is not easily accessible. A swollen pancreas leads to pancreatitis which can be genetic. If there is a blocked bile duct or gallstones, it may lead to pancreatitis. Pancreatitis could also be hereditary, and chronic. Other complications include pancreatic cancer, EPI, Cystic fibrosis, diabetes, and malfunction of the pancreas.
Causes of Pancreatic Disease
Pancreatic problems usually occur mainly due to the following causes:
- Excessive intake of alcohol
- Abdominal surgery
- High levels of triglyceride in the blood
- High calcium levels are possibly caused by hyperparathyroidism
- Cystic fibrosis
- Pancreatic cancer
- Infections & certain types of medications
Types of Pancreatic Tests Performed at SPS Hospitals
The various types of pancreatic tests that are done at SPS Hospitals’ Pancreas Wellness Clinic include the following:
- Blood tests-Blood tests look for enzymes and lipase levels, blood glucose, blood fats, and inflammation of the bile ducts, gallbladder, liver, or pancreas. Stool tests are also done to check malabsorption etc.
- Ultrasound– It is a safe and painless procedure done with the help of a transducer. Sound waves are passed through the organs and a picture is taken to know the medical problem.
- Endoscopic Ultrasound– An endoscope is a device that doctors use to pass through your stomach. Ultrasound images can be taken of the pancreas and bile ducts with the help of this.
- Pancreatic Function test– The pancreas doctor uses the secretin to measure the response of the pancreas in this test.
- Magnetic Resonance Cholangiopancreatography– A magnetic resonance imaging machine creates pictures of the organs like the pancreas, bile ducts, and gallbladder.
- Computed Tomography Scan– CT scans are meant to show pancreatic cancer and pancreatitis.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
The main sign or symptom of pancreatitis is the pain in the middle upper abdomen.
Avoid alcohol and smoking. Take more of a liquid diet such as soups. Dietary and lifestyle changes can help treat mild pancreatitis, otherwise, you need to consult the medical experts at SPS Hospitals if the condition is still deteriorating.
All types of pancreatic disorders and diseases like diabetes, cystic fibrosis, pancreatitis, and pancreatic cancer are treated at SPS Hospitals.
Book Your Consultation Now