The SPS Hospital provides a state of the art facility to ensure comfort to Mother and the baby. At SPS Hospital department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology is fully committed to deliver world-class health care services to women looking for gynecological solutions. The primary objective of this Institute is to promote health of women by providing them complete support, care and, empathy that they require.
The department of Gynaecology looks after only women patients. Obstetrics deals with pregnancy and child birth. An obstetrician gives pre pregnancy counseling, looks after the woman and her baby during pregnancy, helps with child birth and looks after the woman for six weeks after delivery.
A gynaecologist looks after women with diseases of the reproductive system. These include period problems, infections, benign tumours like fibroids and ovarian cysts and cancers.
Women wanting to conceive are looked after by the Reproductive Medicine Unit which will look after the gynaecological problems of these women also.
We have a dedicated team of obstetricians and gynecologists offering a wide range of services. From pre-pregnancy care to childbearing and post-menopausal care, there is a solution for all health concerns a woman experiences during these stages.
- Gynaecology and Gynae cancer
- Obstetrics & Gynaecology
- Gynaecology & Urogynaecology
Why SPS Centre For Gynaecology?
SPS Hospitals is the leading gynaecology hospital, entirely dedicated to providing preventive health care and treatment for gynaecology-related disorders. We provide comprehensive support for all females going through reproductive problems.
Being one of the best Gynaecology Hospitals in Punjab, the Operation Theatre at SPS Hospitals is very well equipped with the latest anaesthetic and surgical equipment. We have excellent post-operative care, and a dedicated post-operative ICU is also available for high-risk cases. SPS Hospitals, one of the best hospitals for treatment of reproductive organs, have a team of expert medical specialists available to assist for dealing with every kind of reproductive issues for women across all ages.
- Problems of adolescence and puberty.
- Menstruation related problems
- Ovarian cysts
- Vaginal and Vulval disorders (Infections & disease of the front passage)
- Hormonal disturbances, e.g. PCOS
- Cancers related to the female organs
- Laparoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy
- Hysteroscopy, colposcopy, MTP, D & C, Biopsy
- Laparotomy, Myomectomy, Removal of benign ovarian tumour
- Treatment of endometriosis
- Operative Laparoscopy (for ovarian cysts, fibroids, and endometriosis)
- Hysteroscopy (we have a Karl Storz resectoscope)
- Cancer surgeries for endometrial, ovarian & cervical cancer
- Medical & Surgical treatment for the urinary incontinence
- Specialised surgery for vaginal prolapse
- Abdominal Hysterectomy
As mentioned earlier a host of gynaecological problems are handled in this department, from infertility to menopause.
Coming to some of the surgeries that are offered here. We offer the following surgeries
- Diagnostic hysteroscopy and laparoscopy. This may be done for a variety of reasons such as infertility, irregular bleeding, pain in the abdomen, bleeding after the periods stop.
- Operative Hysteroscopy . We have a Karl Storz resectoscope for the same.
- Operative Laparoscopy. For endometriosis and fibroids and ovarian cysts
- Vaginal Hysterectomy, even for large fibroids
- Total Laparoscopic Hysterectomy
- Abdominal Hysterectomy
- Surgery for cancer
The OT is very well equipped with the latest anaesthetic and surgical equipment. Most of the endoscopic equipment is by Karl Storz. We have the Johnson and Johnson Harmonics scalpel which helps in difficult surgeries and reduces complications. The Karl Storz morcellator helps us to remove large fibroids and masses through key hole surgery.
We have excellent post operative care and for high risk cases, a dedicated post operative ICU is also available.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Gynaecology is the medical field that deals with the reproductive systems of women and girls.
Between the ages of 13 and 15, you should see a gynaecologist for the first time. The first visit may consist of nothing more than a conversation between you and your gynaecology doctor, or it may include a few regular testing or check-ups.
Exercising during pregnancy is not only permissible but also encouraged. Our world-class gynaecologists at SPS Hospitals recommend that healthy pregnant women exercise for 30 minutes most days of the week.
Dr. Nidhi Thakur
Consultant - Obstetrician& Gynecologist
Dr. Zeenie Sarda Girn
Senior Consultant - Obstetrics and Gynaecology
Dr. Manmeet Kaur Batra
Consultant - Obstetrics and Gynecology
Dr. Shefali Sood
Consultant - Obstetrics & Gynaecology
Book Your Consultation Now