Dr. N K Chaudhry is a highly accomplished academic surgeon. He trained in General Surgery at Christian Medical College Ludhiana with great surgeons like Prof F C Eggleston and Dr. C M Singh. After passing his masters in 1988, Dr. Chaudhry got further trained in minimal access surgery at Kings College Hospital & Guys Hospital London in 1992 and is one of the pioneer laparoscopic surgeons in the region. Through a travelling fellowship of Indo American Cancer Association, he got trained in Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. He did Detroit Fellowship in Minimal Access Surgery at Wayne State University, Detroit.
In a career spanning more than 35 years, he has been a full-time academic surgeon and was Head of Surgery at CMC Ludhiana for more than a decade. Dr. Chaudhry is one of pioneer laparoscopic surgeons in the country. He has been examiner for undergraduate and postgraduate studies in Surgery to the leading universities in India. He is also examiner for DNB Surgery and PhD in Minimal Access Surgery. He has been visiting Professor of HPB Surgery in the Department of Surgery at University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA. He was the Chair of Multispecialty Institutional Tumor Board at CMC Ludhiana. He served as Member of the Board of Studies in Medical Sciences (Postgraduate) of Baba Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot. He also served as governing council member of Association of Minimal Access Surgeon of India.
His main areas of surgical expertise include Minimal Access Surgery, Hernia Surgery, Cancer Surgery including Breast, Hepatobiliary & Gastrointestinal Surgery. Dr. Chaudhry has organized many surgical conferences and workshops including live surgery workshops and skill courses in minimal access surgery. He has many publications in various leading national and international journals to his credit.
- Professor & Head of Surgery and Minimal Access Surgery at Christian Medical College Ludhiana, Punjab.
- Professor & Head of Surgery, Maharishi Markandeshwar University Mullana, Haryana.
- Visiting Professor of Hepatopancreatobiliary Surgery at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, USA.
Area of Expertise
- Hepatopancreatobiliary & GI Surgery, Endocrinal Surgery
- Trauma & Emergency Surgery
- Surgical Oncology including Breast & GI Malignancies.
- General and Minimal Access Surgery.
- Member: The American Society of Breast Surgeons.
- Life Member – Association of Surgeons of India
- Life Member – Northern Chapter of Association of Surgeons of India
- Founding Member – Indian Association of Gastro-intestinal Endo Surgeons (IAGES)
- Life Member – Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of Asia
- Life Member – Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India
- Life Member – Asia Pacific Hernia Society and APHS-Indian Chapter
- Life Member Society – Endoscopic and Laparoscopic Surgeons of India (SELSI)
- Life member – Association of Breast Surgeons of India.
- Life member – International Hepatopancreatobiliary Association – Indian Chapter.
- Life Member – International Hepatopancreatobiliary Association – IHPB
- Joint Secretary of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI) from 2018 to date.
- President (North Zone) of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI) from 2012 – 2016.
- Executive Member of Association of Minimal Access Surgeons of India (AMASI) from 2010 – 2012.
- Fellow – American College of Surgeons
- Fellow – Association of Minimally Access Surgeons of India (AMASI)
- Fellow – Association of Surgeons of India