Dr Ravninder Singh Kuka is Associate Director and Senior Consultant of Interventional Cardiology at SPS Hospitals, Ludhiana. He has an experience of 10 years in dealing with cardiac patients and doing intervention in cases of Coronary Artery Disease and Peripheral Arterial disease. Apart from routine interventions like coronary angiography, coronary angioplasty and permanent pacemaker insertion, he also performs complex coronary interventions like left main angioplasty and bifurcation angioplasty, peripheral artery angioplasty & embolization, targeted thrombolysis and thrombectomy and electrophysiology procedures like left bundle branch pacing. He also does device closure of atrial septal defect & PDA in adults. He is trained for advanced heart failure therapies like cardiac resynchronization therapy. He also performs valvular interventions like balloon mitral valvotomy, pulmonary valvotomy. He is well trained for carotid interventions like carotid angioplasty.
His medical journey has been exceptional right from the early days as he excelled in various subjects especially medicine during his graduation. He was the youngest student of his college to clear UPSC medical exam (2010) in his first attempt securing 48th rank.
He also secured the best result for his college in the all India PG entrance exam (2010) and was ranked 51st in India and joined MD(internal medicine) at the premier medical institute, Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi.
After passing the MD exam with flying colors from Delhi university, he topped the UP DM entrance exam (2013) in his first attempt and joined DM Cardiology at the prestigious institute King Georges’ Medical University, Lucknow.
After getting trained in interventional cardiology at a centre of excellence, he joined SPS
Hospitals, Ludhiana in 2016 where he has been an integral part of the Interventional cardiology department.
- Maulana Azad Medical College, New Delhi
- King George’s Medical college, Lucknow
- Senior Consultant (Interventional Cardiology) – SPS Hospital, Ludhiana
Area of Expertise
- Coronary Angiography
- Primary Angioplasty for heart attack
- Left main interventions & Chronic total occlusion Angioplasty
- Percutaneous device closure for heart defects like ASD, PDA (Suture less operation for closing hole in heart)
- Pacemaker implantation (single & double chamber)
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator (ICD Implantation)
- Percutaneous Balloon Valvotomy of shrunken valves of heart (BAV,BMV,BPV)
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy (CRTD) for advanced heart failure
- Carotid intervention & Angioplasty
- Left bundle branch pacing
- American College of Cardiology
- Cardiology Society of India