At present, he is Secretary IMA Punjab and Trustee, Indian college of Anesthesiology (ICA) formally, he held the position of
- Vice President – Indian Society of Anesthesiologist (ISA) National (2018-2019)
- Chairman – Disciplinary committee, Punjab Medical Council (PMC) – 2013-15 during the tenure when he was member of PMC (2013-2017)
- Chairman – Ethical Committee IMA Punjab (2015)
- Organizing Secretary of National conference of I conference was attended by about 4000 delegates from 15 countries.
In addition, he had been examiner of various university across India as well as assessor & examiner for National Board of Examination (NBE).
- SPS Hospital, Ludhiana
- Secretary IMA, Punjab
- Trustee Indian College of Anaesthesiologist
Previous Positions Held
- Professor & Head, Department of Anaesthesia, SKS Sarabha Dental College, Ludhaina
- Director Anaesthesia – Aykai Hospital, Ludhiana
- Professor & Head, Department of Anaesthesia, DMC & H, Ludhiana
- President IMA, Ludhiana
- Over 50 plications in National and International Journals.
- Post PG Teaching Experience of 30 years. Joined the department of Anesthesia, DMC & H, Ludhiana as Assistant Professor in 1989. Dayanand Medical College & Hospital is an institute of great repute and is one of the largest health care institute in North India affiliated with Babs Farid University of Health Sciences, Faridkot. He was promoted to the post of Associate Professor in 1995 and subsequently to the post of the professor in 2004.
- Headed the department of Anesthesia at DMC & H, Ludhiana for more than 12 years from August 2007 to Jan 2020. The department of Anesthesia has an annual intake of 15 past graduate students and caters to all kinds of surgeries and pain management services.
- Instrumental in getting AHA Accreditation to conduct BLS and ACLS courses for dept. of Anesthesia in DMC & H, Ludhiana and have been course director for AHA accredited BLS/ACLS courses.
- Founder Chairman of ‘Infection Control Committee’ of DMC & . The committee has formulated policies for reduction of infection rate in the patients, ensured uniform adherence to various infection control practices like hand hygiene techniques, rational use of antibiotics etc.
- Formerly Medical Officer In0charge Neurosurgery ICU, entrusted with the responsibility of framing policies for admission to ICU, management of ICU patients including formulating treatment protocols and rosters of the staff.
- Delivered ORATION (Dr Pritam Singh Memorial) at NZ ISACON, Patiala.
- Lead the initiative for MoU of DMC&H, Ludhiana with NHS Hospital Derbyshire, for training of Indian Anesthesiology Post graduates in the UK under MTI.
- Examiner for many universities across India.
- Assessor and Examiner for National Board of Examination.
- Expert for faculty recruitment for Jammu University.
- Selected mentor for the National Mentoring Academy Launched by ISA.
- National faculty of Resuscitation Council under the aegis of ISA.
- Contributor in Second Edition of Book “BLS — An Atlas based approach”.
Administrative Experience in Medical Education
- Headed the department of Anesthesia, DMC& H, Ludhiana, for more then 12 years. the responsibilities of head of department at involved managing about 20 faculty members/ Senior residents and 35 post graduate students. The head of department also ensures that regular academic activities and classes for PG students are conducted and quality education and discipline is maintained. In addition. the position involves ensuring smoot functioning of about 30 operation theatres where almost 200 healthcare professionals of varying grades are employed. The position also involves in implementation of institutional policies and decision in an effective manner.
- Lead the initiative for MoU of DMC&H, Ludhiana with NHS Hospital Derbyshire , for training of Indian Anesthesiology Post graduates in UK under MTI.
- Convener of DMC & H Alumni Committee. this committee holds alumni meet very year in the month of December and around 400-500 alumni participate in it.
- Chairman of ‘Code Blue’ committee of DMC & H, which is one of the key committees for NABH accreditation. The committee formulates policies for resuscitation of cardiac arrest patients so that cardiac arrests are prevented and managed well in hospital. the committee has 36 members and it has to ensure training of all health care providers of the hospital, which are approximately 2000 in our hospital.
Other Administrative Experience/ Positions Held:
- Deputy Director Medical Services – SPS Hospital, Ludhiana
- Secretary IMA, Punjab
- Trustee Indian College of Anesthesiologist (ICA)
- Professor & Head, Department of Anesthesia – SKS Sarabha College, Ludhiana
- Director Anesthesia – Aykai Hospital, Ludhiana (April 2020 to April 2022)
- Professor & Head, Department of Anesthesia – DMC& H, Ludhiana.
- President, IMA Ludhiana
- Vice President National ISA 2018-19, Indian Society of Anesthesiologists (ISA) is the largest body of anesthesiologists with approximately 30,000 members.
- Governing Council Member ISA 2013-17, Governing Council is a s 20 member body which frames policies and guidelines for anesthesia practice in India.
- Member Punjab Medical Council 2013-17, Punjab Medical Council is a statuary body under an act of constitution and is vested with power, duties and function of regulating the practice of Modern Scientific System of Medicine in the state of Punjab.
- Chairman Disciplinary Committee Punjab Medical Council 2013-15
- Chairman Ethical Committee IMA Punjab 2015.
- Organizing Secretary ISACON 2016. This is the largest annual conference of ISA attended by over 4000 anesthesiologist from all over Indian and was hosted in the state of Punjab after a gap of 54 years.
- Editor of National Journal of Research Society of Anesthesiology and clinical pharmacology (RSACP) This is national Indexed Journal of high repute.
- Vice President ISA North Zone 1999.
- Academic Secretary 2018, Indian Medical Association (IMA) Ludhiana.
- Member State council, IMA, Punjab.
- President IMA, Ludhiana (Jan 2020 to Dec. 2020) During this period, IMA Ludhiana started covid hospital to look after covid patients. More than 100 patients were treated in two months.
- Organized National conference of ISA as organizing secretary in 2016 at Ludhiana. this 5 day conference was held in Punjab after a gap of about 65 years. In this conference around 4000 doctors from 15 different countries participated.
- Organized the 4th National Conference of the Indian College of Anesthesiologists, ICACON 2012, DMCH Ludhiana.
- Organized International Anesthesia and Critical Care conference in association with Faculty from MAYO Clinic, Rochester, USA.
- Numerous other teaching programs like Bariatric Anesthesia, USG and PNS Guided Regional Anesthesia Techniques over last 20 years.
- Felicitated by chief Minister Punjab in 2013.
- Conferred Doctor of the year Award by IMA Punjab in 2016.
- Awarded MAMS (Member Academy of Medical Sciences) by National Academy of Medical Sciences.
- Awarded FICA, Fellowship by Indian College of Anesthesiology (ICA) 2013.
- Recipient of ISA President Appreciation Award 2015.
Contribution Towards Society
- Arranged courses to teach resuscitation to school children, Police personnel and others.
- Delivered talks on Doordarshan TV to bring awareness amongst society regarding anesthesia and surgery.