General Surgery And Minimal Access Surgery
The Department of General Surgery at SPS Hospitals (formerly SPS Apollo Hospitals) since its inception in 2005 continues to lead the way in improving patient outcomes with cutting-edge surgical care. It has played an important role in the growth & development of the SPS Hospitals since its inception. Our department’s commitment in shaping the future of surgery is clearly reflected by the number and type of surgical procedures done yearly.
The department of General & Minimally Invasive Surgery is an academic postgraduate department with a highly rated DNB program affiliated with the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi, for training postgraduate students in Surgery. The faculty has rich academic and extensive surgical experience. At SPS Hospital, we are committed to providing safe, compassionate, and evidence based surgical care to our patients. Our surgeons are highly trained to treat a wide range of surgical conditions, and many have focused their training and expertise in a particular surgical specialty.
The general surgery services provide treatment and care to patients with diseases involving
- Gastrointestinal System
- Adrenal Glands
- Hepatopancreaticobiliary system
- Abdominal wall hernias
- Emergency & Trauma
Besides this, our general surgeons are well versed with advancements in Laparoscopic surgery, which is also known as key-hole surgery or minimally invasive surgery and plays a great role in abdomen, thoracic and neck surgeries.
We work with multidisciplinary teams consisting of Gastroenterologists, Endocrinologists, Physiotherapists, and Dieticians to provide comprehensive diagnostic and therapeutic services for our patients with common and complex upper digestive tract diseases such as diseases of the oesophagus, stomach & intestines, gastrointestinal tract, bile ducts & gallbladder.
The department offers advanced care to the patients with various cancers like Breast, Gastrointestinal including ColoRectal, Pancreatic, Thyroid, Adrenal, Testicular, Gall bladder and Bile duct cancers. We treat our cancer patients in working alongside our medical and radiation oncology services as a team and with treatment plans decided in multi-speciality Tumour-Board Meetings, providing state of the art, evidence based safe treatment.
We are running a busy acute care and trauma services. In this endeavour, an advanced treatment care is supported by the Institute of Critical Care Medicine in the dedicated surgical I.C.U. The Surgery department is involved in innovation and rapid progress to better performance in the near future.
- Benign and Malignant Diseases of Breast , Thyroid and parathyroid glands
- Advanced laparoscopic and minimally invasive surgery
- Scarless Breast Surgery
- Chest surgery
- Advancement flap surgery for complicated and recurrent pilo-nidal sinus
- Laparoscopic Total Extra Peritoneal Inguinal Mesh Hernioplasty
- Lung Lobectomy
- Gallbladder diseases and surgical Jaundice
- Management of anorectal diseases like pile (PPH – stapler haemorrhaidectomy), fissure and fistulas
- Management of abdominal wall hernias (Laparoscopic & open Techniques)
- Thoracic and Thoracoscopic Surgery
- Management of Surgical Infection and expert surgical critical care
- Thoraco-abdominal trauma surgery
- State of the art operating theatre with Laminar air flow
- Dedicated consultation and examination rooms
- State-of-the-art digital high definition imaging system
- Full range of accessories including advanced surgical instruments
- Fully trained team comprising of surgeons, anesthetists, paramedics, dietician, physiotherapist and psychologist
- Pre- operative counseling with video visual sessions with the patients & relatives
Book Your Consultation Now