Dr. Ivan Joshi is working as a Consultant Gastroenterologist in the Department of GI & Liver Sciences at SPS Hospitals, Ludhiana He did his MBBS and M.D. in Internal Medicine from Indira Gandhi Medical College, Shimla, and D.M. in Gastroenterology from Dayanand Medical College and Hospital, Ludhiana. He has also done Fellowship in Advanced GI Endoscopy and has expertise in various therapeutic endoscopic procedures including EUS. He has experience in handling routine and complicated gastroenterology and hepatology cases. He is passionate about providing quality care to patients. He has a special interest in therapeutic endoscopic interventions, IBD, and chronic liver disease and has experience in treating related disorders.
- Consultant Gastroenterologist – SPS Hospital, Ludhiana (2023- till present)
- Attending Consultant (Department of Gastroenterology)- DMC & Hospital, Ludhiana (2022-2023)
- Senior Resident (Department of Gastroenterology)- DMC & Hospital, Ludhiana (2019-2022)
- Senior resident (Department of Internal Medicine) – Government Medical college and Hospital , Chandigarh (2019)
- Senior Resident (Department of Emergency Medicine) – Max Hospital, Mohali (2017-2018)
Area of Expertise
- Diagnostic and therapeutic EUS including FNA/FNB, Cystogastrostomy and management of gastric varices.
- Diagnostic and therapeutic endoscopic procedures: Upper GI endoscopy, colonoscopy, sigmoidoscopy and double balloon enteroscopy.
- Third space endoscopic procedures including POEMs.
- Therapeutic ERCP and Cholangioscopy including management of Choledocholithiasis, plastic and metallic CBD stenting and EHL.
- PEG procedures
- Endoscopic dilatations and Luminal stenting
- Management of Chronic Liver Disease and Portal Hypertension
- Non Alcoholic fatty liver disease (Fatty Liver) – Early diagnosis and treatment
- Cancers of Upper and Lower gastrointestinal tract
- Treatment of Chronic Hepatitis B & C
- Management Celiac Disease (Wheat Allergy), IBD and various functional bowel disorders.
- Treatment of Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis