Anasthesia & Pain Management
The Department of Anesthesia & Critical Care is one of the younger specialties of medicine dealing with obtunding or minimizing pain associated with surgery or any invasive procedure. It is a relatively new branch which has been in existence for a little over 150 years and its growth in leaps and bounds has made complex procedures and surgery much easier now. This department is dedicated to management of critically ill patients and anesthetic management of complex surgeries. The specialty has spawned into newer branches like intensive care, pain management, and emergency medicine.
The department has a team of experienced and dedicated anesthesiologists skilled in various sub specialties like Cardiac, Neuro, Pain as well as newer and upcoming specialties like Bariatric (obesity) surgery. The anesthetists are helped by the state of the art anesthetic equipment.
Services provided also include preoperative checkups and post-operative pain management team.
The Department provides a comprehensive range of clinical services, including pre-operative anesthesia services, critical care medicine, and pain medicine. Our patients receive advanced medical care provided by highly trained and skilled clinicians.
The various services include:
- Pre-anesthetic screening, risk stratification and optimization of all patients before surgery.
- Conduct of anesthesia in operating rooms under stringent safety norms.
- Anesthesia for day care procedures
- Acute pain services for managing post-operative pain by means of epidural analgesia, nerve blocks and patient controlled analgesia.
- Labor analgesia for painless deliveries
- Chronic pain management services including cancer pain
- Postoperative care in surgical and cardiac recovery room suites supporting state of the art monitoring.
- Provision of anesthesia services in remote locations like radiology (MRI &CT), Gastro suite (endoscopy, ERCP) cardiac cath lab, neuro lab.etc
- Emergency and trauma resuscitation services
- Advanced anesthetic management for on pump and off pump cardiac surgeries
- Total circulatory arrest for aortic surgeries
- Specialized anesthetic management for minimally invasive surgeries
- Dedicated neuro-anesthesia team for advanced neuro surgery and neuro radio interventions
- Ultrasonography guided cannulation and regional anesthesia
- Patient Controlled analgesia (PCA)
Our team of anesthesiologists provides anesthetic services to various specialties in the hospital.
- General Surgery & Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Laparoscopic Surgery
- Bariatric Surgery
- Renal Transplant Surgery
- Cardiac Surgeries
- Obstetrics & Gynecology Surgery
- Orthopedics including various joint replacements and arthroscopies
- Spine Surgery
- Plastic surgery
- Vascular Surgery
- State of the art anesthesia workstations with inbuilt safety features in all operating rooms.
- Basic monitoring equipment including : ECG, oxygen saturation, non-invasive BP, invasive BP/CVP/PA pressures, airway pressures and gas volumes, neuromuscular monitoring
- Anesthetic gas monitors for oxygen, carbon dioxide , nitrous oxide and anesthetic agents
- Cardiac monitoring including thermo dilution cardiac output, continuous cardiac output monitoring, Tran esophageal echo , ACT and ABG
- Other equipment like Intubating fiberscope, syringe and infusion pumps, fluid and patient warming systems.
- Access to newer and safer drugs: Fentanyl and sufentanil, Sevoflurane, Propofol, Newer muscle relaxants
Dr Kuljeet Singh Virk
Associate Consultant - Anesthesia & Pain Medicine
Dr. Bhawna Gupta
Consultant - Anaesthesia
Dr. Anupam Shrivastava
Associate Director Cardiac Anesthesia & Critical Care
Dr. Jai Prakash Sharma
Senior Consultant - Anesthesia
Dr. Naveen Mehra
Senior Consultant & Co-ordinator - Anesthesia, OT Services, SICU & Pain Management
Consultant - Anaesthesia
Book Your Consultation Now